ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴏɴᴇ - ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴏʏ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ɪᴄᴇʙᴇʀɢ

"Kneel."

Prince Zuko growled in frustration, but the self-proclaimed waterbending empress shoved her foot harder onto his back, leaving him with no choice but to oblige. She gave him a cold smirk, one that only a sadist could pull off. Zuko knew because he noticed that smile only on two other people. His father, the man who would permanently scar his son for a simple mistake, and his sister, who was downright insane.

(Y/n) dug the heel of her boot further into his back, causing Zuko to collapse onto the snowy ground below them. The firebendering guards in front of her stood with their arms out, but she knew that they wouldn't strike. Not when the precious, disgraced prince's life was at stake. She drew water from the ground, freezing it into a shard with a sharp tip, guiding it down to gently poke at Zuko's neck. He widened his eyes in surprise, slowing his movements.

"That's right. Now be a good dog and don't move," (Y/n) said in a serious tone, glancing back at her brother and sister who stared back at her with wide-eyed surprise. "Now tell me, why are you here?"

Zuko gritted his teeth, struggling under her foot. The shard pushed closer to his neck, drawing a thin line of blood. She looked down at him, disappointedly tilting her head as if to taunt him.

"The avatar," Zuko breathed out. "I'm hunting the avatar. He's in your village."

(Y/n) whipped her head around, glaring at her younger brother Sokka. He shrunk down in shame, pointing to their sister Katara. She sheepishly tugged at her glove.

(Y/n) let out a long sigh, massaging her temple with one free hand.

"Seriously," she deadpanned. "I leave you two alone for 3 hours while I hunt and I find out that not only did you leave the village ALONE and UNPROTECTED, but you also managed to find and bring the AVATAR to our village?!"

Tugging on her side-swept bangs, she closed her eyes and huffed, losing concentration on the dishonored prince and withdrawing the icicle. Katara took a step forward and stared at (Y/n) with a face that pleaded with her to let the avatar stay. (Y/n) paused as if to think for a moment. 'Spirits it's hard to say no to that face.'

Zuko, realizing that the pressure on his back had lightened, lit a flame in his hand and threw it at (Y/n)'s face. (Y/n)'s eyes widened in surprise, raising her hands to cover her face and jumping back. The flames licked her skin, leaving a burn on her wrist. (Y/n) hissed in pain, carefully backing up towards her siblings in a protective manner.

Zuko sent a large flame kick at the villagers gathered in a line in front of him, only to be blocked by a thin sheet of water. Steam flew up into the air. He stared at (Y/n) furiously, her hand up in the air and the other burned one clenched to her body. She was sweating and wavered side to side, closing one eye. The burn hurt a lot.

"(Y/n)!" Her siblings cried, rushing to her side.

Sokka crouched down in in front of her while Katara kneeled at her side teary-eyed, holding her burnt hand.

"Stay away from my sisters!" Sokka yelled, but Zuko didn't seem to care, instead rolling his eyes and walking closer.

Sokka charged at Zuko, spear in hand, screaming. Zuko, seeming unfazed, simply caught the spear with one hand and split it right down the middle, then kicked Sokka hard in the ribs. Sokka flew through the air, flying face-first into a pile of snow on the ground. He got straight back up, shaking his head to get any snow off. His warrior face paint had been smeared, but it didn't seem like he noticed. Taking his boomerang off his back, he threw it at Zuko who merely moved his head to the side, looking at Sokka with a confused and disappointed look. But little did he know, the boomerang was flying right back at him, hitting his metal helmet and making a soft clunk sound.