ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇʟᴠᴇ - ᴛʜᴇ ʙʟᴜᴇ ꜱᴘɪʀɪᴛ

'How?!' (Y/n) thought to herself as dozens of arrows swarmed through the air, all pointed at her chest. 'How'd I end up here?' The arrows finally reached the peak of their ark, seemingly floating in the air for a moment before turning and falling like stars. She really had nothing left to do to save herself. Her arms had been pinned to the trees beside her, her feet nailed to the ground with arrows piercing her boots. Her eyes widened as the arrows gained momentum, falling straight at her. She closed her eyes, awaiting her execution.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"Sokka, you aren't–" (Y/n) took a step back from Sokka, who coughed non-stop– "looking so good."

"I'm fine, miss! You know, you look really mean," Sokka blabbered out, frowning as his droopy eyes landed on her face.

"That's kind of mean," (Y/n) replied, shaking her head. "I even saved you from that storm, and this is the thanks I get?"

"Storm? What storm?"

(Y/n) sighed, a smile tugging on her lips.

"Remember? Katara told you to get a job, so you joined that fisherman to go fishing. But you got caught in a storm, so we had to rescue you."

"Oh, yeah! You did do that! Thank you, miss!" Sokka beamed, still delirious.

(Y/n) carefully stepped away as Katara placed a rag on his forehead. Aang quietly walked next to (Y/n), grabbing her hand and dragging her to the corner of the cave.

"I think we should get some medicine for them. Sokka's sick, and Katara's got symptoms of Sokka's fever."

(Y/n) nodded her head in agreement. He handed the girl a map of the area. (Y/n) couldn't help but grin.

"An herbalist?!" She yelled, gripping the map with excitement.

Aang nodded, throwing her a thumbs up.

"Then let's get going!" (Y/n) walked towards the exit of the cave before stopping abruptly.

"Katara, are you going to be alright taking care of Sokka?" (Y/n) questioned, walking back to her sister.

"Yeah, I'll be fin—" Katara broke out into an uncontrollable cough– "I'll be fine. Don't worry, (Y/n)."

(Y/n) frowned at her sister's words, seeing as she wasn't exactly in the best of health.

"Here," (Y/n) reached to her belt, uncliping her waterbending canaster from around her waist. "Remember to stay hydrated. I just filled it up with fresh water this morning, so it's safe to drink."

Katara meekly smiled while grabbing the canaster before slumping into Appa's fur. Aang gently grabbed her hand, ebbing her away from her siblings. Thunder rumbled in the distance, sending a shiver down their spines.

"I don't think it's the best idea to fly," Aang mumbled, throwing his glider beside Appa.

(Y/n) hummed in agreement, stretching her limbs. She clicked her tongue in annoyance, eyeing the top of the mountain where the herbalist lived. 'What a pain.' She thought to herself, a scowl evident.

"It's a long way to the top of that mountain," Aang commented, narrowing his eyes.

"Yeah. We better get a move on-"

A gasp broke through (Y/n)'s lips as her feet lifted off the ground. Her body flew forward, racing against the breeze itself.

"Aang! What are you doing?!" (Y/n) screamed over the wind, her eyebrows twisted downward as she stared at Aang who carried her over his shoulder as if she were a sack of potatoes.