Chapter Six - A Houseboat and Mike Wazowski

My classmates swarm around Luka and I, asking questions about how we met. Luka whispers an apology in my ear as he slips out of the crowd, heading toward the stage to finish setting up.

"Ani, if I knew you were coming tonight we could have walked together," Marinette says, "But more importantly, How'd you and Luka meet?"

"Oh, yes please tell!" Rose squeaks, grabbing her face, a dreamy look in her eyes.

The girls huddle around as I tell them how we met the other night. After the short story Rose bombards me with questions. thankfully, Juleka peels Rose away saying they are about to start. Everyone settles into a couple small groups. Listening to the music and quietly talking.

"...Yeah that's what I'm saying, Ani don't you agree?" Marinette and Alya sit on either side of me talking about some school event that is coming up. Adrien is beside Marinette holding her hand eyes closed, soaking up the music.

I absently nod my head, not fully listening. I am captivated by Kitty Section. It's not that the words or the music are incredible, its the fact that everyone is working together to create something they love. Plus, it doesn't hurt that the guitarist keeps looking at me, smiling whenever our eyes meet.

"Dang girl, he's got it bad for you," Alya says, catching Luka and I staring at each other, "I haven't seen him act like this with anyone. Besides Marinette,"

What? Marinette?

My stomach drops, Marinette is dating Adrien, she would never betray him like that right? Does Luka have a crush on Marinette?

My concern must be showing on my face.

Marinette gently hits Ayla's shoulder, "Don't say stuff like that Alya," she looks at me with the most reassuring eyes I've ever seen, "Luka and I dated for a bit before Adrien and I got together," She puts a hand on my shoulder and softly squeezes, "I promise you, there are no feelings between us anymore. We weren't a good match so we moved on."

I nod, shoulders relaxing ever so slightly, "Thank you so much for saying that. If you hadn't, my mind would've gone crazy with all the 'what if' scenarios I could think of," I say almost believing my words. As my mind begins to conjure up all the 'what if's' I can think of.

What if, he still has feelings for her?

What if, she still has feelings for him? Poor Adrien, what would he do?

What if, I'm not his type because he likes girls like Marinette? She's popular and liked by everyone. She has a loving family with a thriving business. I wouldn't be surprised if she becomes as famous as Gabriel Agreste for her designs one day.

I on the other hand am a loner who would rather skate and spend time alone outdoors, my family is a mess and I'm not much better. I have no real experience with guys. Why would he like someone like me?

Marinette and Alya started back up their previous conversation as my thoughts spiraled. I guess they thought I was focusing on the music again. instead, I was internally screaming at myself. Trying to drown out my frantic thoughts, I listen to the Lyrics of the song Kitty Section is singing.

You know I love Unicorns

Yeah, they always make me feel better....

------------

After the concert, we all cheered as loud as we could. Adrien told me he had to leave because out kitty friend had a patrol. A few others including Marinette left as well.

On her way off the boat, Marinette called after me,

"Hey Ani, I know you're a bit freaked out after what Alya said," She draws an X over her heart in a promise, "Talk to him about your worries. I promise, you won't regret it." She waves goodbye.