Chapter Ten - Flowers and Kisses

the following Monday after the Akuma attack:

Ring Ring...

"Hello?" I mumble half asleep. Lifting my head off my pillow, I search under the blankets and stuffies surrounding me.

Ring Ring...

"There you are," I grumble, pulling my phone out from underneath a blanket, that managed to get crumpled into a ball in the corner of the bed sometime last night.

Seeing the caller ID, I let out a little squeak of excitement, "Hello?" I say, Hoping my morning voice isn't too rough.

"Good morning darling, I'm just doubling check that you are up, I'm heading over now, I'll be there in a few minutes."

My sleepy mind reels as I try to understand what Luka just said to me, "Mmm, yeah okay." A huge yawn escapes my mouth before I can move my phone away from my mouth.

A chuckle meets my ear as Luka says, "I guess that answers my question."

my face burns with embarrassment, "Sorry, I'm getting dressed as we speak, see you in a few!"

"See ya, Punkin." Luka says, before hanging up the phone.

I sit in my bed as my mind slowly reboots. I never would've guessed that a silly name like Punkin would be such a huge trigger for me to slip.

I tap my cheeks trying to snap myself out of it and go find clothes.

------a few minutes later------

"Anidori, Luka is here!" Dad calls, his voice bouncing around the hall.

I guess this outfit will have to do. I sigh, looking around at the mess I made of my room finding this outfit.

I settled on a pair of loose jeans that I embroidered small daises and leaves on the pockets as well as along one of the cuffs. For a shirt I decided to go with a white flowy tank-top with wide frilly straps. I shove my feet into a new pair of sage colored converse shoes. Throwing open my curtains, I let the early morning sun fill the room. 

Someone knocks on my door.

"Hey Ani, you ready?" Luka says through the door.

Yeah, you can come in, I just need to do something with my hair." I say as I begin to brush it.

Luka opens the door and steps into my mess of a room, "Wow, did someone set off a bomb in here? it was clean when I left last night," Luka says playfully.

"I had a bit of an issue finding something to wear," I say feeling my face heat up. I put my hair into a half up style, complete with a bow tied to my scrunchy. Turning to face Luka I catch him looking at my outfit, his cheeks slightly pink.

"We'll you did good," He says, His eye wandering over me. He smirks as his eyes meet mine again.

Butterflies flutter around my chest as I wonder how I ended up in this situation. Is he's even real? This perfect guy just happened into my life and now we spend every moment we can together. Life is crazy.

"Okay I'm ready," I say grabbing my backpack as my stomach growls, announcing to the entire world I hadn't eaten breakfast yet. 

"We don't have time for breakfast, if you want to make it to your morning class on time," I say pushing past the embarrassment of my stomachs complaints.

"Lucky for you, I came prepared," Luka says as he pulls out a small paper bag with Marinette's family bakery's logo, "I brought croissants, we can eat them on the way."