Chapter Eleven - A Fight and A New Outfit

I kissed him!

My mind replays the last few minutes over and over until I am a blushing puddle on the street. Leaning against the cool brick building behind me, grinning like an idiot.

I kissed him!

The bricks beneath my feet tremble as a plume of dust and debris fills the air near the Eiffel Tower. As I watch in horror, the tower crumbles like dried mud. At the base of the ruined  tower, I spot three figures locked in battle. Cat Noir, attacking relentlessly with his staff, while Ladybug stands back from the fight. From the frantic way she is looking around, I guess she is trying to figure out how to use her lucky charm. The villain holds up his arm and draws something on a tablet. The moment he finishes drawing, a towering building appears above Cat Noir. 

"No!" I scream, watching powerless as the building lands directly on Cat Noir. I fall to my knees as tears sting my cheeks. 

Warm arms wrap around my waist from behind, I kick back with all my strength hoping my aim is true.

"Owe, Ani its me!" Luka, or should I say Viperion, stumbles back, "I didn't know you were so strong." He grunts, rubbing his thigh that I just donkey kicked.

I gasp, "I'm sorry-I thought you were-," I said my mind scrambling for something solid to grab on to, "Adri-Cat Noir... he..." Unable to finish, I turn to look back at the half destroyed building where Adrien was standing moments before. The buildings' metal exterior abruptly turns black and crumbles to dust. Leaving only a slightly out of breath Black Cat. 

I sigh, "Never mind." 

He's a super hero of course he's fine. He's probably been hit with much worse and came out without a scratch.

Taking a moment to ground myself I grab Viperion's hand, "What are you doing here aren't you supposed to be helping them?" I say pointing toward the fight.

"It's getting out of hand, I came back to move you further away from the fight, " Luka says, his voice strained.

I look closer at his face and notice dark circles under his heavy eye lids. his chest heaving as if he has been sprinting none stop for days. I grab his hand running my fingers in circles on his teal gloved hand, 

"How long have you been fighting Luka?" I say, remembering how the Miraculous of the snake's power works. Second chance allows you to go back in time to when you activated the power as many times as you need.

Luka drops his head to my shoulder, leaning on me for support he says, "It's been almost a month." 

I suck in a breath and wrap my arms around Luka's exhausted body, wishing I could help him, "A month? how is that even possible you haven't eaten or slept in weeks!" I say concern creeping into my voice.

Luka picks his head up off my shoulder and looks me in the eyes, "Every time I use second change it resets everything including the energy I used, The powers of the miraculous are amazing." 

I don't believe him for a second. It might reset his physical energy but someone can only fight and strategize so long before they're mentally exhausted. Looking at Luka, I can tell he's at his limit.

"Come on, you have to get out of here." Luka says as he scoops me up bridal style.

"No, I want to stay and help!" I fight against him but its no use, his arms might of well been made of steel.

Luka sprints through Paris at impossible speeds. So fast that my eyes can't follow where we are going. Streets and buildings blur into smudgy lines as we race through Paris. I start to get sick from the movement, so I bury my face into Luka's chest, my ear against  his racing heart. Once Luka stopped running, I lift my head to see that Luka brought me to his houseboat.