𝐀𝐦𝐚𝐲𝐚 𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐬 𝐚 𝐖𝐞𝐚𝐩𝐨𝐧 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐡𝐞𝐥𝐩𝐬 𝐟𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐁𝐮𝐥𝐥-𝐦𝐚𝐧

They tore through the night along dark country roads

They tore through the night along dark country roads. Wind slammed against the Camaro. Rain lashed the windshield. Percy didn't know how his mom could see anything, but she kept her foot on the gas.

Every time there was a flash of lightning, he looked at Grover sitting next to him in the backseat and he wondered if he'd gone insane, or if he was wearing some kind of shag-carpet pants. Especially since Amaya and Hope where okay with it, not freaking out in any way.

All he could think to say was, "So, you guys and my mom...know each other?"

"I met your mom yesterday, does that count?" Amaya asked

Percy rolled his eyes then looked at Grover.

Grover's eyes flitted to the rearview mirror, though there were no cars behind them. "Not exactly," he said. "I mean, we've never met in person. But she knew I was watching you both."

"Watching us?"

"Keeping tabs on you. Making sure you two were okay. But I wasn't faking being your friend," he added hastily. "I am your guy's friend."
Amaya smiled a bit; he was half donkey but he was still the same Grover and nothing could change that.

Until Percy had to run his big mouth
"Um...what are you, exactly?"

Amaya glared at him "That doesn't matter right now!" Amaya pointed out.

Percy started to get angrier especially since Amaya decided to talk "It doesn't matter!? From the waist down, my best friend is a donkey—"

Grover let out a sharp, throaty "Blaa-ha-ha!"

Percy had heard him make that sound before, but he'd always assumed it was a nervous laugh. Now I realized it was more of an irritated bleat.

"Goat!" he cried.

"What?"

"I'm a goat from the waist down."

Amaya then realized she made the same mistake Percy did; thinking he was half donkey, she promised herself not to do that again.

"You just said it didn't matter." Percy countered back

"Blaa-ha-ha! There are satyrs who would trample you underhoof for such an insult!"

"Whoa. Wait. Satyrs. You mean like...Mr. Brunner's myths?" Percy asked shocked

Hope smacked her head with her palm in disbelief
"Percy you and my sister got attacked by a Ms. Dodds monster, overheard us talk about sai turs?