𝐀𝐫𝐠𝐮𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐩𝐬

The next few days were torture for Percy, just like Tantalus wanted

First there was Tyson moving into the Poseidon cabin, giggling to himself every fifteen seconds and saying, "Percy is my brother?" like he'd just won the lottery.

"Aw, Tyson," Percy would say. "It's not that simple."

But there was no explaining it to him. He was in heaven. And Percy... as much as he liked the big guy, he couldn't help feeling embarrassed.

"He's not my real brother!" Percy protested whenever Tyson wasn't around. "He's more like a half-brother on the monstrous side of the family. Like ... a half-brother twice removed, or something."

Nobody bought it.

Percy can admit, he was angry at his dad. He felt like being his son was now a joke.

Amaya, Hope and Annabeth tried to make Percy feel better.

After Tyson was claimed by Poseidon Amaya started acting nicer to him, much nicer than she was before. He had never seen her It kinda felt like she was only being nice to him out of pity.

Annabeth suggested her and Percy could team up for the chariot race to take their minds off their problems. Don't get Percy wrong, they all hated Tantalus, and they were worried sick about camp, but they didn't know what to do about it. Until they could come up with some brilliant plan to save Thalia's tree, they figured they might as well go along with the races. After all, Annabeth's mom, Athena, had invented the chariot, and Percy's dad had created horses. Together they would own that track.

One morning Annabeth, Hope, Amaya and Percy were sitting by the canoe lake, Amaya helping by sketching chariot designs when some jokers from Aphrodite's cabin walked by and asked Percy if he needed to borrow some eyeliner for his eye ... "Oh sorry, eyes."

Amaya rolled her eyes. "Yeah, let's all forget that the child of Hecate, who can curse anyone they want is right here."

One of the girls in Aphrodite's cabin turned to face Amaya. "Oh, relax girlie, I'm just having a little fun," she responded with a snickering chuckle.

"You know, I could do what my half-sister Circe did and turn you guys into pigs" Amaya fake thought about it. "Or maybe you guys could be cockroaches, that sound much better."

The girls' faces immediately went from amused to horrified, and they quickly walked away while muttering something about the audacity of some people to say such things to them.

Annabeth grumbled, "Just ignore them, Percy. It isn't your fault you have a monster for a brother."

"He's not my brother!" Percy snapped. "And he's not a monster, either!"

Annabeth raised her eyebrows. "Hey, don't get mad at me! And technically, he is a monster."

"Well, you gave him permission to enter the camp."