𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐞𝐲𝐞'𝐝 𝐬𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬

Percy met Annabeth outside the alley down Church Street

"Where'd you find him?" she demanded, pointing at Tyson.

"He's my friend," he told her.

"Is he homeless?"

"What does that have to do with anything? He can hear you, you know. Why don't you ask him?"

She looked surprised. "He can talk?"

"I talk," Tyson admitted. "You are pretty."

"Ah! Gross!" Annabeth stepped away from him.

Percy couldn't believe she was being so rude. He examined Tyson's hands, which he was sure must've been badly scorched by the flaming dodge balls, but they looked fine-grimy and scarred, with dirty fingernails the size of potato chips-but they always looked like that.

"Come on, we have to go get Amaya and Hope."

Annabeth marched to a taxi, Percy and Tyson struggling to keep up.

Percy couldn't stop wondering about Amaya and Hope. "Wait! How do you know about them? Are they safe?"

Annabeth paid the driver and got in, ignoring Percy's question. The boys squeezed in next to her. Hope and Amaya's building loomed up ahead-a big U-shaped apartment complex on Central Park West.

"We're here."

. ݁₊ ⊹ . ݁˖ .

Amaya and Hope were just leaving school, exhausted and tired from the heat.

Amaya had her afro out, a black skirt with tights, and a white sleeveless crop top. Hope wore a baggy pair of black jeans and a white T-shirt. They were chatting as they walked.

The sisters didn't notice Percy and Tyson, but Annabeth shouted for them. "Hey!"

Hope and Amaya looked over, confused. Their eyes widened when they saw Percy and Tyson.

Hope stared at Percy and Tyson, then looked at Annabeth. "What the?"

"At least you two can see it," Annabeth said.

"I have so many questions." Amaya said looking at Tyson confused.

Amaya looked Tyson up and down, a little nervous but not as nervous as Hope, noticing not two, but one eye. One large, calf-brown eye, right in the middle of his forehead, with thick lashes. "Uhh, hi."

Tyson gazed at her. "You're pretty."

Amaya stared at him blankly for a good three seconds before speaking again, "Thanks, you have a pretty eye."

Tyson seemed to be happy at Amaya's compliment, he grinned and hugged her, which startled Amaya a bit. She gave Percy a look like 'help me.'

Tyson seemed to be fascinated by Amaya's afro.