chapter 42

One month later>>>

Ndalo

It's been a month since the heist, and everything was back to normal. Well, for us. The police and the Interpol were still on the hunt for the diamond thieves. Press releases and statements were released almost every week, informing the world on the Police findings, which obviously, were not true. Lucky for us, the diamonds were no longer in our possession, and the money has been evenly distributed. Danger bought 3 pharmaceutical companies, Mnqobi and Mthoko made a few investments in the crypto world, Sthe bought a luxury car dealership, Khaya was in the process of building his own mall and lastly, Manqoba built an estate in Los Angeles and was planning on proposing to Khwezi.

Today, I had a very important meeting with the council of Tech, the most prestigious and powerful council filled with filthy rich and powerful men in suit. Now let me tell you about these men, these men own shares in most of the biggest tech companies in the world, obviously, making them billionaires. The majority of the council was filled with white men and 2-3 black people out of the 12 members. I walked in the building, wearing my cream white pant suit, red Gucci heels, and carring my cream white LV bag. I even put on red lipstick and shades just for the dramatic effect. I walked over to the receptionist, and she looked at me.
Me: "Where is the boardroom?"
Receptionist: "Morning ma'am, do you have an appointment?" This bitch was wasting my time.
Me: "Where is the boardroom?"
Receptionist: "I can't really take you to the boardroom as there is an important meeting wi-." I didn't even let her finish her sentence. I took out my gun from my bag and pointed it at her. Her eyes grew in disbelief then in fear.
Me: "What floor is the boardroom on?"
Receptionist: "Sss...sev..seventeenth floo..floor." She stuttered while tears ran down her face.
Me: "Now, was that hard?" I asked, putting my gun away. I looked at her again
Me: "You better make sure no one disturbs us if you still want to see your son, Thomas again." I said, then winked at her. She raised her hands to her mouth and released a sob. Women. And no, i didn't kidnap her son. I looked around, and luckily, no one saw anything, so I fixed my blazer and walked to the elevator. I got on the elevator and pressed number 17. The ride too a bit long, which was understandable as the building had over 50 floors. I got off the elevator and walked towards the frosted glass doors that were written 'Boardroom'. I opened the doors and walked inside. The large table was filled with 12 businessmen - 6 on one side and 5 on the other side. The other one was seated at the head of the table.

Man 1: "Excuse me, you are disturbing a very important meeting."
Me: "Oh, I didn't realize." I said sarcastically while rolling my eyes.
Man 2: "Who the hell are you, and what are you doing here?"
Me: "Im glad you asked. The name is Ndalolwenkosi Sbanisomanzini Zungu, but you can call me Ndalo or Ms Zungu. I don't really care. However, I'm here to join the council." I said as I made my way to the empty chain next to the chairman, Mr Brown. Some kept quiet while others laughed at my statement.
Brown: "Listen here, I want you to get the fuck out of here before I call security. Who the hell do you think you are, making this crazy demand." I chuckled. Let me tell you about Mr Brown here. Mr Brown is a businessman who used crime, his power, and money to get where he is today. I looked at him and smirked.

Me: "You know, it's funny how you underestimate me and my abilities. A lot of men thought I was a mere woman with ambition. Turns out, I'm more than that. So here's what I want: I want a piece of the cake. 55% of your shares, Mr Brown." I said as millions of tiny red dots were visible on him. They looked at him in fear, then back at me. Mr Brown was confused at the stares he was getting, so he decided to check himself to see if there's anything wrong with him. And to his surprise, he saw the tiny red dots on him. Obviously, the dots were coming from the snipers. I took out my iPad, pressed on it a bit, and then showed him what was on the screen. His eyes widened in fear, and sweat started to drip down his forehead. On the screen was a video of his wife, children, brother, sister, aunt, and grandparents (basically his whole family) tied up with bags covering their faces and knives held to their throats.
Brown: "Please, not my family. "
Me: "Then do we have a deal?"
Brown: "I'll give you 25%." I laughed.
Me: "55."
Brown: "30."
Me: "55."
Brown: "40."
Me: "55." He sighed heavily and wiped the sweat that was now on his neck.
Brown: "45. That's all I'm offering. "
Me: "I hate repeating myself, Brown. You know, I could have your family slaughtered in front of you while you watch, then release every piece of information about your truck company, which you use to transport women and children." He sat up and swallowed hard.
Brown: "FUCK! I'll get the contract ready." Music to my ears.
Me: "Great, nice doing business with you. See you lovely people tomorrow." I said as I stood up, took my things and walked out of the boardroom. I entered the elevator and pressed the ground floor button. Suddenly, I felt a sharp pain in my chest, and i knew instantly, it was coming from my beast. The pain felt weird and confusing as I had never felt it before. My phone rang, and it was a conference call, so I answered it.

Me: "BoZungu."
Danger: "Ndaloz, ugrand?"
Me: "Yah, I'm okay. Why are you asking?"
Mthoko: "I felt a sharp pain in my chest, so I called UManqoba. "
Khaya: "And it turns out the rest of us had it, but it quickly faded away."
Me: "That's weird. I'm still experiencing it."
Sthe: "Your beast is probably telling you something."
Me: "Like what?"
Mnqobi: "Asazi. Maybe you were in the presence of your soulmate." Everyone kept quiet for a second, then burst into a laugh. . These idiots.
Me: "Ha, ha, ha idiot." They were still laughing, so I ended the call. I got out of the elevator and walked past the receptionist, who was probably checking if Thomas was still at his creche, which he was. I got into my car and drove away.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Manqoba

It's been a month since the heist and over 6 months of me and Khwezi's relationship. Today, with the help of Phiwo, I will be proposing to Khwezi. I couldn't imagine a future with her in my life as my wife and the mother of my kids. The restaurant was decorated beautifully with roses, and the violinist played softly in the background. I stood by the balcony, looking dapper in my black tux. After a few minutes, Phiwo walked in with Khwezi, who was blindfolded.

Khwezi: "Phiwo, I swear if I fall, I'll literally kill you." Phiwo laughed.
Phiwo: "Relax, we're almost there. Now stand here." She helped stand towards me and took off her blindfold.
Khwezi: "Oh my goodness Phiwo! You said we're going to a dinner gala." Phiwo rolled her eyes and smiled.
Phiwo: "Well, I lied. Now you two have fun."
Me: "Ng'yabonga makoti," I said, causing Phiwo to laugh. Phiwo left us, and I took Khwezi's hand and pulled her closer.
Me: "Waze wamuhle Sthandwa sam."
Khwezi: "Ng'yabonga Manzini." She said as she blushed and looked down. She was wearing a Navy blue evening dress that had a slit with gold heels and accessories. She looked so perfect.

Me: "MaNdaba, sthandwa senhliziyo yami. From the moment I met you at Musgrave mall, my heart knew that you were the one for me. Every time I see you, my heart skips a beat, and my soul feels complete. I cannot imagine a life without you by my side and I am so grateful for all of the love, happiness, and memories that we have shared together.I want to spend the rest of my days waking up next to you, laughing with you, and exploring the world hand in hand. I want to build a future with you, create a family with you, and grow old with you. So, my love, I ask you this one question: will you marry me?"

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

.
.
Khwezi

Manqoba: "Will you marry me?" OH MY GOODNESS!!! Tears started to roll down my face, and I looked at him, pouring his heart out while on one knee and holding this beautiful oval ring. I was too speechless to speak, so I repeatedly nodded my head. He took the ring out of the box and slid it onto my finger, then he stood up and gave me a kiss that was full of love. We've been dating for roughly 6-7 months, and now we're about to get married? Crazy if you ask me.

>>Road to becoming Mrs Zungu starts now so ladies and gentlemen, get your wedding outfits ready coz siyashadisa!!!!  🍾 ✨️👰‍♀