chapter six

Pov Tori

I wake up to people arguing in the hallway and I frown when I don't feel Jade against me anymore.

When the screaming gets louder, I get up and open the door.

Robbie and Cat are tied back-to-back on two separate chairs.
Jimmy is clinging to Beck. He's probably never seen Jade this raging mad before either.

"How did you even know this place existed? DO YOU KNOW WHAT YOU HAVE DONE?! ARE YOU FU-" Jade stops screaming for a second and signs to Beck to cover Jimmy's ears. "ARE YOU FUCKING STUPID?! YOU TRAUMATISED HIM! MAYBE NOW WE'LL ACTUALLY GET SOME CREEP STALKER. MAYBE HE'S ALREADY OUTSIDE OUR HOUSE! WHAT WHERE YOU THINKING WHEN YOU WENT IN THERE?!?!"

"You know, Jade it isn't bad at all! My brother once brought me there and let me play there for a whole day! He even sent these weird men in uniform to come pick me up and then we played 20 questions. They asked me for my real name and stuff, it was such a fun day."
Cat says, that poor naïve girl.

"I don't f-", she stops herself before continuing and glares at Beck. He walks Jimmy to his room.

"I DON'T CARE WHERE YOUR CRAZY BROTHER DROPPED YOU OFF AS A KID. YOU NEVER EVER TAKE JIMMY FROM ME WITHOUT MY PERMISSION AGAIN, YOU UNDERSTAND, LITTLE GIRL?", she's just getting more and more worked up by the minute.

I look at Andre and he looks back at me, both worried sick she might do something to them.

"Jade.", Andre tries, but Jade immediately points her pair of scissors at him and takes a few steps forward.

Andre puts his hands up and takes a few steps back.

"Get out of my house.", she says.

He looks in my direction a bit too long and Jade takes too many steps towards him.

"Jade! Stop!", I yell, getting her attention.

"You too.", she says, glaring at me.

"What?", I ask.

"GET. OUT.", she screams.

"No Jade, I'm staying.", I say, frowning at her. Did it mean nothing to her?

Of course not.

She storms towards me now and points her scissors right under my chin.

"No one tells me what to do, Vega.", she says, spitting out my last name like it's poison.
Like she's disgusted by me.

Of course she is.

"I just want to help.", I say, getting a bit scared now.

"You can fucking help me by fucking walking out that door, so I don't hurt you any more.", she says, whispering that last part through gritted teeth, so only I could hear.

She walks back towards Robbie and grabs his throat with both her hands.

He starts choking. She isn't looking at Robbie, though. She's looking right through me.

I just give it one last chance. I'm not a quitter.

I hold her face in my palms -which takes her by surprise, causing her to loosen her grip- and make myself as clear as I can.

"I am leaving now, because I respect your requests and needs and I DO really freakin' care about you, Jade.", I say looking into her green eyes the whole time.

With that, I walk out the door where Andre's waiting in his car.

"Don't drive yet, just wait here.", I tell Andre, before making my way to the door again.