Chapter 5

His lips feel so soft and warm. When I kiss him back he deepens our kiss. His arms are around my waist pulling me closer to him. I place my hands on his neck, feeling the heat of his skin. We break away and he kisses my nose. I just look at him.

"Niall, I... We... Nevermind..." I stutter and get up, running to the bathroom locking myself in. I sit with my back against the door and close my eyes.

"Victoria? Come out please."

"No." I say sternly. Some tears start to form in my eyes. How could I be so dumb and kiss him, knowing that only yesterday he kissed another girl's lips. Another girl who is way prettier, way skinnier and probably way more intelligent.

"If you don't tell me what's wrong I'll kick the door open!"

"Niall you should just go!" I shout.

"So you can slide a blade into your skin again? No thank you! I don't know what I've done to upset you so much but please let's talk about it!" Now he's the one who is shouting. The tears are streaming down my face. I want to wipe them away but there are too many. I decide to take off my make-up now. When I look at the reflection in the mirror I notice that my eyes are red and puffy. I look horrible. I can hear Niall walking away and sigh.

I wish you wouldn't go. With one hand I stroke through my hair while I grab my razor. I've already cut today, so why not cut a second time. It doesn't matter anymore anyway. I sit down again pulling up my sleeve once again. I slide the blade and I slide it and I slide it. I cry even more. I use more pressure and all of a sudden I feel some really bad pain. Worse than usually. More blood than usual streams out of the wound. I throw the razor into the sink and grab a towel, pressing it onto my wrist.

"Let me help you." Niall says. My head shots up into the direction of the window. He seriously crawled in through the window of the bathroom. He comes closer and takes the towel. My whole forearm is covered with my blood. It looks awful, like really really awful. He lets some water stream onto the towel and pulls me up, always having his right arm around my waist to support me standing. I'm glad he does because my legs feel so weak. When it's all cleaned up the dries it by softly pressing the dry end of the towel onto my skin. Afterwards he looks for a cream to put on to make the wounds heal quickly and bandages my arm.

Niall lifts me up and walks into my bedroom. He lays me down in my bed and covers me with the duvet, pulling it up to my chin. "Thank you." I whisper with a faint smile. He just nods and switches on the lamp behind my sofa. He sits down on the couch and looks at me.

"I saw that you kissed Melissa."

"I know it'll sound like a lame excuse, but it meant nothing to me. I wanted to meet her to talk to her because she surely felt something more than friendship towards me and I don't. I wanted to tell her that I like someone else, but before I could do that she just leaned in and kissed me. You have to know, the heart out of milk foam made her jealous."

"And who do you like?"

"You. Only you." he says with a smile.

"Will you still be here when I wake up?" I ask him and he nods saying he will. "Please don't forget to close the window then. Goodnight." I close my eyes and feel him staring at me, but I drift off to sleep very soon. Before I'm fully asleep I hear him leaving the room. But I'm too tired to care.

When I wake up again I feel pain in my throat. I notice that the window is still open. I groan but my voice is almost gone it doesn't even sound like a groan. I look at Niall who is sleeping with a blanket in his arms. He looks so cute.

I get out of my bed and walk out of my room. In the hallway I start to cough badly. My lungs feel like they're burning. I'm definitely not going to school today. I walk back to grab my phone and call the office of my school to tell them that I'm sick.