Chapter 10

Niall just dropped me off at work on his way home. I walk into the Starbucks store and the scent of coffee immediately hits my face. I see Aaron behind the counter. Currently there is no customer waiting so he asks "As always?" I reply with yes and walk into the rooms in the back of the store. I open my locker and put my bag inside, as well as my coat and scarf. My hair is open and a mess because of the wind so I brush it and put it into a ponytail. I reapply some mascara and then I'm ready to work. When I leave the room I bump into Martin.

"Sorry mate." I apologize and he just laughs. 

"Good to see you again, how are you?"

"Alright, yourself?" I answer.

"I'm great, finally working again after vacation. Well, see you in a few." he walks into the room, and I go behind the counter. Aaron is currently taking an order so I make the coffee. It's a grande hazelnut latte with lactose free milk. I haven't actually worked in quite a while, as I wanted to study for some of my upcoming tests. Also, finals will be soon. There's only like one month left. A little more. Good bye holidays of the whole year.

As I'm finished with the coffee I give it to the girl who ordered it. "Here you go, enjoy." I tell her and she leaves with a smile. I clean the counter behind me, as someone spilled some milk in front of the blenders. Some baristas seriously never clean up and then leave and the one who has the next shift has to do it. It's annoying, but as today there is not a lot to do, or let's say right now, I can't complain. 

"Hey, Martin, me and our girlfriends are going out tonight, you wanna come too? Of course you can bring someone with you, in case you're afraid to be left out." Aaron tells me. He's currently cleaning the blenders.

"Sounds great, right after our shifts end?" You have to know, we're gonna be the ones closing the store tonight at 9 pm.

"Yes, you in?" he asks. When I nod, he smiles brightly. I quickly take my phone and ask Niall to come with me. It's alwaysn better to have someone who know where I live with you if you go out. Martin walks out to the front and refills the sugar and napkins. Aaron immediately tells him about me and my plus one joining them.

"Where are we actually going?" I ask them.

"Oh, SoHo. Haven't had a nice karaoke evening or rather night in ages." Martin says. I nod, with a smile on my face. I really like singing karaoke. I feel my phone buzzing in my back pocket. I glance at the screen. Niall's in. He texted, that he'll be here at 9. This is getting awesome.

It's getting closer to 9 pm. Martin and I are currently cleaning all the tables, while Aaron is cleaning the second coffee machine. They're the last things that are dirty in this store. Just then, two girls walk in. They're the lads girlfriends. Shortly after them, Niall enters the Starbucks too. He greets me with a short kiss and winks as he pulls away. 

"Thank god we're done." Martin says and we all walk into the back room to get dressed into our normal clothes. I'm not exactly wearing clothes for going out but I don't care. I didn't know early enough. Although, you can never go wrong with wearing a blouse.

By the time we get to SoHo it's almost full already. Typical on a Friday... We spot a free table though and take a seat there. It doesn't take long for a waiter to come and ask for our drinks. The boys all order a beer, Martin's and Aaron's girlfriends both order Mojitos and I go for vodka orange. (more vodka than orange)

"Let's sing something too." Niall begs me when the lads come back from a duet. I agree, knowing that it's probably a bad idea. See, I'm having troubles even standing straight. I've probably drunk too much already, considering that I haven't eaten anything all day. Round of applause to myself please. I hold on to Niall's hand as if I would die if I let go.

He chooses a song. Shut Up and Dance. We totally smash it. I'll always know the lyrics to that song, no matter how drunk I'll get. It's so much fun, that I'm sad as the song finishes. We leave the bar after handing our microphones back. I'm getting more and more tired and Niall realizes that. 

"Are you okay?" he asks unsure of how to react. I put my arms around his neck and pull myself close to him. His arms are around my waist when I close my eyes for a second and that's when it happens. My knees get weak and I fall backwards onto the hard floor, pulling Niall with me. He landed on top of me though, lucky boy. Niall picks me up from the floor, his hand around my waist to support me walking. His grip is tight but I don't say anything. We walk to our table again.

"Guys, it was nice to meet you, but we have to leave. See ya around" Then we walk outside. The fresh air makes me shiver immediately. Before I even realize what's happening, Niall already wraps me in his jacket. "We're walking to my house, it's not far from here." he tells me and I just nod.

"I'm tired." I say and close my eyes.

"No, no, no. Don't close your eyes love, just don't close your eyes. Keep them open." Niall shakes me a little so I would open them again. I reach out with my arms and wrap them around him. I look up at him. "Kiss me." I whisper. He just shakes his head.

"You're drunk Victoria. Come on, let's continue going home."

"But I want a kiss." I say, like a stubborn kid, start walking though. "Don't you wanna kiss me?"

"I do want to kiss you but I don't want you to think that I'm using you while you're drunk and maybe not even thinking straight."

"I don't, believe me."

"We should at least get home first." after that sentence, I don't say anything. All I do is walk. Walk, until we've reached his house. He unlocks the door and lets me in. I take off my shoes and walk into the living room. Niall leads me to his bedroom and opens one of the drawers in there. He gives me a tshirt and sweatpants. Both are black, totally my style.

"You can wear that so you don't have to sleep in these clothes. They don't look too comfortable."

"Thanks." Niall leaves and I get changed. When I'm done, I sit on the edge of the bed. He comes back with two glasses of water. He gives me one and demands me to drink it. Until then, I didn't even realize that I was thirsty. I drink it up and put the glass on the nightstand, while Niall is getting into his bed.

"Baby, you know that beds are made to be slept in. Come on." he says and pulls me into his chest. I cuddle up to him and feel safe. Niall wraps both of us with his duvet so we're warm.

"I love you." I whisper.

"I love you too, sweetheart." Niall says and kissed the top of my head.

"Can I call you my boyfriend?" I've not exactly mastered thinking before saying in drunk condition.

"If that's what you still want tomorrow morning when you're sober, then yes. Now try to sleep." 

I close my eyes, and even though it feels like I'm riding a rollercoaster, I drift off to sleep as quickly as never before.

---

Hey everyone! if you enjoyed this Chapter please vote and/or leave a comment to let me know what you think, lots of love x