Chapter 3

Finally it's English, admittedly not Elenas's favourite subject but it was a mandatory subject after all. She hadn't exactly done much that day, and that stressed her out even more.

The issue wasn't just the subject you see. It was the fact that English was up 5 flights of stairs, there wasn't a lift in the entire building, and Elena struggled with Dyspraxia.

Her legs would end up in the most horrific pain from running up the staircase, and worst of all, she was always late.

It wouldn't matter if she tried to get there earlier because that wasn't always possible. Mr Walker was still going to find a way to yell at her one way or another for being, no matter how many times Elena's mother would write in her planner to explain that it wasn't Elena being attention seeking.

"Late again, miss Robbinson, what's your excuse this time? Let me guess, you lost track of time? Or perhaps student support wanted you at the last minute just to have a quick chat? "For your information, sir, for about the one millionth time possible, it's my dyspraxia getting up 5 flights of stairs is hard work."

"Oh the so-called disability card again. i should've guessed that one first! Maybe I should make a bingo card of all your excuses, and when I get a full house, I can give you detentions for a week." Mr Walker looks overly proud of himself at this moment, Elena fakes a laugh before scanning the room to check to see who's in her class for the new year.

"No friggin 'way I'm not coming into this classroom." What an earth is the issue with this class, says Mr Walker. "What's bloody right about this class?" Mr Walker pulls her outside into the hallway.

"Miss Robinson, may I just remind you that that type of language is not allowed on the school premises."  "Well in that case, might I just point out that in that room, I appear to be the only woman in the class?! Also, three of those guys have been bullying me for the last 4 years!

"Miss Robinson, you appear to be getting rather hysterical. Your grades, much like the other students in this classroom, are on the low side."

Well, in that case i'll take my work and do it in the library, i'm not doing my work with people who have done nothing but abuse me these last few years.

"Miss Robinson, you are a gifted speaker. I shall give you points for that, although I do wish you'd apply your sharp mind to your work. Perhaps maybe then you'd actually stand a chance of passing your GCSES."

"I think you'd find that i'd stand a better chance of getting better results if i wasn't stuck with people with people whose talents weren't used to belittle me."

"Need i remind you Miss Robinson that lying about things in life doesn't get you anywhere in life?And trust me when I say that we've  all seen the petty lengths you and your family go to just to make your life easier."

"If you are implying that standing up for myself is something I actually want to be doing on a daily basis, then you really do have a screw loose in that big brain of yours."

Elena attempts to walk away

"Miss Robinson running away from your problems might feel like the only option possible but it won't do you any favours in the long run, in just a year's time you WILL have your GCSES whether you like it or not. If you don't get your GCSES, you won't have any potential with jobs you wish to apply for."

"At the very most, take your worksheets and take your attitude away from my classroom."

Elena chances her luck and says "What attitude?"

"If you don't leave in the next 30 seconds, I shall walk you to isolation myself. Now, is that really what you really want?"

Elena walks down the staircase purely so that Mr Robinson couldn't call her out for her attitude problems. She is well aware of the fact that he is watching her. She smirks when she reaches the end of the staircase.

She had angry tears in her eyes. How much longer would she have to put up with people like this?

Elena arrives in the library to do her work. Oh god, no, not today...Mrs Fletcher