Chapter 10

Elena ends up waiting 45 minutes before the number 7 bus finally arrives. She has taken off her jumper and put it in her bag. She puts her coat on in order to hide the school logo that was on her shirt. She ties her back into a high pony tail and straightens herself up. As the bus pulls in, she pretends to have just hung up her phone. "Busy day eh sir?" "£1 please, " says the bus driver.

Elena pulls out her purse, and the zipper gets stuck. She starts to panic. "It's stuck the zipper it's really difficult to open. It does this from time to time." "Madam will you be much longer only? we do have quite a busy schedule today." Says the frustrated driver.

"You're one to talk," says a parent on the bus, "it took you 45 minutes just to do 3 stops. Here, love, let me help you with your purse." They try to get the zip to unwedge, but it doesn't shift. "I'm so sorry I'm wasting everyone's time. This isn't how it was supposed to be today." Elena starts to cry.

"Ooh bless you, pet, it's going to be alright it's simply a minor setback it's nothing serious."But I'm taking up other people's time, time they'll never get back." The young lady is right," calls out the driver, "Oh shut your gob, we've already established that we're all behind schedule, so zip it alright," yells the parent.

"I'll tell you what pet, seen as this moron is being so impatient, I'll pay your buss fee for today."  "That's awfully kind, but I can't accept you to do that. " Elena hears a clicking noise. "I'm sorry but it's already been taken care off." She goes back to her seat. Elena goes to sit down, there's a space just opposite the driver, she sits in it and makes sure to give the driver dirty looks until she reaches her stop.