Chapter 1

Lea's Perspective

- This is all going to be new for me, I said while walking with my boyfriend Nick.

- What do you mean, Nick asked.

- I mean I'm used to being alone with my dad in our house, I said.

- It's going to be the same except now you're going to live with his new fiance and her son, Nick said trying to make me more comfortable.

- I guess, I said and looked down. Nick suddenly stopped and looked at me.

- What's really wrong, Nick asked and grabbed my hands.

- My dad's fiance is really nice and everything. It's just, I don't know. I don't want to share the house with new people. I haven't even met her son yet, I said.

- When are they moving in, Nick asked.

- Today, I said and let out a sigh.

- Maybe it won't be that bad, Nick said.

- Maybe you're right, I said and looked at him.

- I'm always right, Nick said and pulled me into a kiss. Then we both continued to walk back home. While walking home, both of us laughed and made jokes.

After a few minutes we arrived at the house. I stopped and looked at the moving truck in front of the house.

I looked at my boyfriend and he could tell from my facial expression that I wasn't happy about it.

- Call me later, Nick asked.

- Sure, I said and kissed him on the cheek. He smiled at me and walked away to his house.

- Lea, is that you, dad's fiance Luna asked.

I looked at her direction and smiled. Luna walked to me and embraced me like she hasn't seen me in forever even though she saw me two days ago.

- Do you need help with the boxes, I asked nicely with a smile.

- That would be really helpful, she said and carried a box inside the house. I smiled and walked over to the moving truck. As I approached the truck I saw a guy figure, however I couldn't see his face since his back was facing me.

- Do you need help with that, I asked. The guy turned around and I had a better look at him. I would be lying if I said that he wasn't cute.

- Ah. Sure, he said quietly and looked down without making eye contact. He gave me a box and didn't even look at me.

- What's your name, I asked.

- Derek, he answered. Just by looking at his body language I could tell he was uncomfortable.

- My name is Lea, I said, trying to make him less uncomfortable. He nodded and walked away without saying anything else. Well that was rude. I walked back to the house while carrying a box when I saw Luna looking at me.

- I'm sorry. That's my son. He's shy around girls, Luna said and walked back to the truck. I nodded and walked in the house.

A few hours later

I sat on my bed and looked through Instagram until someone knocked on my door.

- Come in, I said. I looked at the door and saw my dad standing there.

- Hi sweetie, dad said and walked in and sat on the bed.

- Oh, hello dad. What are you doing here, I asked.

- How do you feel about all this, he asked.

- It's so different, I said and looked at him. He just nodded and I continued to look at him.