Chapter 5

Saturday

Today was the day I had to choose, but I was going to do what's best for me. I could either stay with my boyfriend or break his heart and give Derek a chance.

- Have you invited your boyfriend to come here today, Luna asked and smiled.

- Yeah. He should be here any minute,I said and smiled back.

- Who should be here any minute, Derek asked.

- Lea's boyfriend, dad said.

- Soon to be, Derek said before I stomped him on his foot.

- What's wrong, Luna asked us.

- I just bit my tongue, Derek said and glared at me.

- Look who's here, dad said and smiled. I looked at them and I could see Nick standing next to dad.

I got up from my seat and walked over to Nick and pulled him into a hug. I could feel a burning stare at my back. I pulled away and glanced at Derek who was staring at us.

- So we meet again, Derek said.

- How are you Derek, Nick asked.

- I'm doing just fine, he answered and continued to stare at Nick. I stood there and felt the feeling of tension. I looked at Nick and smiled.

- Are you h,was all I could say before I noticed Luna standing in the doorway with a girl.

- Derek. You have a friend, dad said and pointed at the girl. I continued to stare at the girl and back at Derek. What did I miss? Where did the girl come from? Derek walks up to her and puts his arm around her. What happened to the shy Derek?

- Everyone. I would like you to meet my special friend Wendy, Derek said and smiled.

- I'll be right back. I need to get something from the kitchen, I said looking at Nick and gave him a kiss on the cheek and left.

Why was I jealous that Derek brought a friend over? In a way he was helping me decide my decision faster. I walked over to the counter and grabbed on the edge. I felt jealous and his words were replaying in my head. What did he mean with a special friend? Did they have something going on that I didn't know of?

- Lost in your thoughts, someone said and I looked to the right to find Derek standing.

- What are you doing here, I asked with a mad voice.

- Ouch. Someone isn't happy to see me, he said and laughed. I rolled my eyes and walked over to the fridge pretending to get something.

- Shouldn't you be with your special friend over there, I asked.

- She's hot. Am I right, he said and looked at me. I grabbed a water bottle and looked at Derek.

- Sure if she's your type, I said and tried to walk away but Derek blocked the way.

- Move, I said irritated.

- Are you jealous, he asked.

- Why are you doing this, I asked.

- Doing what, he said like he didn't know what I meant.

- You know exactly what, I said. Derek continued to stare at me and I tried to walk past him but he stopped me again.

- Move Derek, I said without looking at him.

- Are you going to break up with him today, he asked. I couldn't help but to look at him and roll my eyes.