Chapter 6

Hearing those words made my heartbeat faster.

- What about Wendy, I asked.

- What about her, he said.

- Isn't she your girlfriend, I asked. Derek looked at me and laughed causing me to be confused.

- No, he said.

- Then why did you call her your special friend, I asked.

- To make you jealous, he said. I looked at him with disbelief and grabbed a pillow and hit him with it.

- Ow. What was that for, he asked.

- For making me believe that you two actually were going out, I said. Derek got closer and smirked.

- Did I make you jealous, he asked. I crossed my arms and looked at Derek.

- No, I said. Derek continued to smile and this time he looked into my eyes.

- Let me ask you again. Did I make you jealous, he asked and looked into my eyes.

Now that Derek was looking in my eyes it was harder to lie. I took a deep breath and just as I was about to lie something stopped me.

- Fine, I mumbled slowly hoping that Derek didn't hear but a huge smile spread across his face.

- Sorry. I couldn't hear that. Speak up, he said.

- Fine, I was jealous. Is that what you wanted to hear, I asked. Derek was still smiling and he lifted my chin up and looked at me.

- You have nothing to worry about. I'm all yours, he said as he looked into my eyes. Derek was slowly leaning in for another kiss.

- This is so wrong, I said.

- Yet so right, he whispered and kissed my lips.

At midnight me and Derek were out of my room and in the backyard.

- What are we doing here so late, I whispered and looked around confused. I felt Derek wrapping his arms around me from behind and it made me smile.

- How else am I supposed to see you sooner, he asked.

- A little impatient are we, I asked, smiling.

- Is it so wrong to see my beautiful girlfriend, he asked, still hugging me.

- So I'm your girlfriend now. Interesting, I said with a teasing voice and Derek spun me around so we were standing face to face.

- What is that supposed to mean, he asked and looked at me. I was honestly just teasing him. It was fun to see this side of him.

- Well you never asked me to be your girlfriend officially, I explained. I smirked and crossed my arms and Derek looked up and laughed. He looked at me and continued to smile.

- I didn't think I needed to ask, he said.

- And why is that, I asked.

- I thought that you were mine all the time, he said and smiled. Something about those words made my heart flutter and butterflies appear again.

- Maybe, I said.

- Maybe, he asked. I couldn't help but to smile and so did Derek. I was leaning against the backyard door and Derek was hovering over me.

- What can I do to claim that you are all mine, he asked and smirked. I couldn't even think. Derek just looked so hot standing right infront of me.

- I'm sure you can think of something, I said and Derek smirks as he leans in to kiss my lips but instead of kissing my lips fully, he lightly brushes his lips against mine.

- Oh I can, he said as I felt his breath slowly going down my neck and gently giving me small kisses which brought me shivers. The next thing I knew Derek kissed my neck again but it wasn't like a peck, it was more biting and sucking. I was caught by surprise but I would be lying if I said that it didn't feel good. Derek slowly pulled away and smiled.

- You are mine for sure, he said and smirked. I blushed at his words. Right when I was about to say something, both of us noticed that the light in the living room was on. He grabbed my hand and the two of us were hiding behind the fence trying to remain quiet. I was about to say something but Derek covered my mouth with his hand as he heard the backyard door open. We peeked through the fence and saw my half asleep dad looking around confused. As soon as I saw my dad walking back in and turned the lights off, I turned to Derek.

- I think that we should go back, I said and tried to walk away.

- You are not running away from me so easily, he said and the two of us stayed and just looked up in the sky and talked. The moment was nothing but perfect.

The next morning when I woke up my eyes were extremely heavy. Because I was up all night with Derek, but it was so worth it. I dragged myself out of the bed and I could tell that I was going to sleep in class.

I walked over to the mirror on the wall and tried to see if there were any dark circles under my eyes. As I looked at myself I noticed something else. I looked at my neck and I could see a huge dark hickey that Derek left last night. My eyes widened, I didn't think that he was going to leave a mark. Time for makeup, I guess.

On the way to school I walked a bit far away from Derek.

- Why are you so far away from me, he asked. I just gave him a glare.

- Maybe because we are in public and we are step brother and sister, I said. Derek suddenly stops walking and stands in front of me.

- No one in school knows that but us, he said and looked at me.

- Wrong. My ex knows that, I said.

- So, he asked.

- If he sees us together then he will know that I broke up with him for you, I explained.

- And that's a problem because, he said still not understanding. Without even answering I just walked ahead.

- Babe. Wait, Derek shouted.

Walking in the class was so awkward. Only because my ex had the same class as me and we had recently broken up. I walked over to my seat noticing my ex looking down. He looked hurt and it was because of me. I saw him slowly looking at me. I could see the pain that I caused him and I quickly looked away.

After a while the class was finally over and I was able to escape that awkward tension. As I walked over to my locker, I began to put my books in until I could see someone walking past the hall from the corner of my eyes. I looked and that's when I saw my ex. I looked back at my locker and I tried to pretend that I didn't see him. As soon as I finished putting my books in my locker I closed it and saw my ex standing there against the wall.

- Lea, Nick started.

- Hi, I said.

- Can we talk, he asked.

- Sure, I said and walked over to him.

- I miss you, he said and looked at me. Just hearing those words made my heart tighten.

- Don't, I said.

- Can we please try to work something out, he asked and looked sad. I just nodded my head no.

- So that's it. We're done, he asked. Just as I was about to speak, I caught him looking at the hickey and he looked even more hurt.

- Who is he, he asked and sounded angry. I knew that this wasn't going to end well.