Chapter 13 -- Homecoming

Lola’s P.O.V

We pulled into my driveway and my heart instantly stopped when I noticed a familiar face standing next to my mom and sisters. I instantly pushed the door open and sprinted out.

“Finn!” I screamed running towards him. I ran to him and he caught me in his arms.

My dad got out of the car and he ran towards my mom. She wrapped her arms around him and he twirled her around. They parted for a minute and then kissed. My mom let go of my dad and he hugged Vera and then Addison started weeping when she saw him. He picked her up off the ground and held her tightly. The boys hopped out of the car and I motioned for them to come over.

“Finn. I want you to meet my friends. This is Niall, Liam, Louis, and Harry. I also want you to meet my boyfriend Zayn.” I said.

“Nice to meet you all.” Finn said while shaking their hands. Adding to the surprise, Emma had just got home from work.

“Emma! Finn and my dad are home!” I screamed. She ran out of her car and hugged my brother. She’s basically like our sister and we’re all so close, and then she hugged my dad as well.

I figured nothing could ruin this day until I realized that the boys are going on tour tomorrow. We all enjoyed the night together, including the boys. They stayed for dinner and we all played games and got to know each other.

*Next Day*

Lola's P.O.V.

I woke up at 4 a clock so I was able to go to the airport with the boys. I texted Zayn and said I was on my way over. When I arrived at their flat, I was greeted by Harry.

“Hey babe.” he said while letting me in.

“Hi.” I smiled.

“You look really tired.” he added.

“I am, but I wanted to be able to say goodbye to you guys.” I explained.

I walked in and saw Zayn walking down the stairs with his suitcases. I walked towards him and he hugged me.

“Babe you look so tired. You should go home.” he said while stroking my cheek. I backed away and looked at him and my eyes instantly started watering.

“Don’t you wanna be able to say goodbye to me?” I asked.

“Babe of course I do! I just know you’re really tired.” he said and reached his arms out for me.

“I’m going to miss you so much.” I said covering my face. I always hated it when people saw me cry.

“Hey.” he said putting his finger under my chin. “Look at me. I’m still going to be in the country and you can come and see me whenever you want.” he said.

I stared into his eyes and he held me tightly.

“Come on. It’s time to go to the airport.” he said and grabbed my hand.

*Airport*

We made it to the airport and I knew this moment was going to be really hard for me. The boys weren’t boarding their flight for another hour so Zayn sat down and I snuggled up next to him. He held me tightly and I put my head in the crook of his neck. He then started humming Back For You quietly in my ear and I looked up at him. He stared into my eyes and I pulled him towards me and kissed him.

“I’ll be coming back for you. Don’t forget that.” he whispered.

“I could never forget it.” I smiled.

He kissed my forehead and I just snuggled into him more. An hour flew by and I found myself saying goodbye to each boy. First Liam, then Louis, then Harry, and then Niall. I waved goodbye to them as they went through the hall to board the plane. I threw my arms around Zayn and he held me tightly.

“I will see you soon sweetie. This isn’t permanent. Just remember you can come see me.” he reassured me.

“I know I know. I will see you soon and you’re coming back for me.” I said and put a fake smile on my face.

I watched as Zayn grabbed the necklace around my neck and kissed the pendent.

He stroked my face “I would swim all the oceans just to see you smile.” he said.

I smiled at him and looked down at the ground.

“I’ll see you soon.” he said and brushed some hair behind my ear. I stood on my tippy toes and kissed him and he held me tightly and then released me.

“Bye Lo.” he said.

“Bye.” I said.

He started walking towards the door to board his plane. I turned and grabbed my bag and walked towards the exit. I got half way down the hallway, when I turned around and saw Zayn watching me. I stared into his eyes and ran back towards him and I ran and ran until he caught me.

Zayn’s P.O.V

“Bye Lo.” I said and kissed her forehead.

“Bye.” she said silently

I turned away from her and headed for the hall and she turned and walked towards the exit of the airport. I stopped and stood there watching her, and as she made it half way down, she turned around and caught my gaze. She stood there for a minute and then started running. I had my arms open for her and I caught her and held on to her tightly.

I slowly put her down and looked at her. She then pressed her lips on to mine and pulled away.

“Bye.” she whispered.

“Bye babe.” I said.

By this time Paul was pulling on my sweatshirt and basically dragging me into the hallway to the board the plane. I held Lola’s hand and kept her gaze until I couldn’t reach her any longer and then the door shut. She was now gone.