Chapter 66 -- We Are One Family

Lola's P.O.V

After we got settled in, we decided to take the boys out to dinner so we were all together. Cecilia would not leave Louis's side. She was just attached to him. Louis would bounce her up and down and tickle her and Zayn would always look over with his protective eyes and make sure she was okay and then he would give me that famous “I'm nervous for her safety look”. He honestly watches her like a hawk but I'm okay with it. He is so protective over her and me but I love it though.

“Lola, watching Lou bounce her up and down is really worrying me.” Zayn whispered in my ear.

“Don't let it babe. She is fine.” I said, hoping to reassure him. I took his hand in mine and could tell how tense he really was.

“Zayn relax. Please.” I said.

“Alright alright.” he said and kissed my temple.

After dinner we went back to our house and the lads headed home, so the three of us could be by ourselves. Before they left, Niall left a special note for Ceci and it brought tears to my eyes.

The lads said their goodbyes and Zayn and I were together again with our little girl. I watched as Zayn bonded with our little girl. It brought me so much happiness to see them together.

I sat down next to Zayn and smiled. He was holding Ceci on his lap and she was trying to bite his wedding ring.

“Let's put her to bed.” I said as Ceci started to doze off a little bit.

“Sounds good.” he added. We walked up the stairs hand-in-hand up to Ceci's room and I gently placed her down in her crib and she woke up a little bit.

“Isn't she lovely. Isn't she wonderful. Isn't she precious. Less than one year old. I never thought through love we'd be making one as lovely as she. But isn't she lovely made from love.” Zayn sang.

I watched as Ceci slowly closed her eyes and drifted off into a deep sleep.

“Come on Lo.” Zayn whispered in my ear and then kissed my neck.

“Okay.” I said and took his hand. We walked downstairs and Zayn plopped down on the couch and I cuddled up next to him.

“We did it.” I said entwining our hands together.

“What do you mean?” he asked.

“We made it through all the ups and downs. We broke up, got back together, I got hurt, we fought, but we always found our way back to each other. We were literally meant for each other. Our life is a fairytale. It's perfect. We got married, we got a house, and we have a perfect little girl. I have you and you have me. I love you so much and I can't even imagine life without you and I never want to. I wonder what our lives would have been like if you wouldn't have accidentally spilled that coffee on me.” I said.

I looked deep into Zayn's eyes and they were watering. He blinked and tears streamed down his face.

“I love you with all my heart Lola Anne Malik. I don't have words to say how much I love you. You're perfect to me in every single way.” he said.

“Together forever, to infinity and beyond, and forever and always.” I said and leaned my forehead against his.

“Lola, that day when we met, something clicked inside my head.” Zayn said.

“And what would that be?” I asked while playing his fingers.

“You've got to take risks if you wanna find love. Like you said what would have happened if I would never had spilled that coffee on you.” he said.

“Well good thing we'll never have to find out.” I smiled.

“Ya good thing. I honestly can't imagine my life without Ceci and especially you. You complete me Lola.” he said.

I leaned forward and pressed my lips to his and then pulled away.

“Let's just stay down here and watch movies and eat fattening food like we did when we were teenagers.” I said. 

“That sounds amazing to me. You pick out some movies and I'll get the junk food.” he said and pressed his lips to my forehead.