Chapter 8 - Thomaya//Cooking up Fluffs

A/N: Again...I'm sorry for the super long wait😭.
Ok so, this one shot will be written a bit differently as I wanted to try something new, so this entire chapter is written in Ayaka's POV (might be a little OOC idk). It's a modern/highschool AU where Thoma and Ayaka are cute awkward teens in love~ heheheehehhe (not to the point where it's cringe, I hope😭). Anygays imma stop yapping and let y'all read, enjoy ( ^∇^)!

°Ayaka's POV:

I gently knocked on the principal's office door before entering, after hearing a faint "come in" from the other side.

"Good morning Miss Ei" I greeted respectfully with a sincere smile plastered across my face.

I bow a little, customary in Inazuman culture, before continuing, "you called for me?"

Miss Ei let out a hum of acknowledgement while taking a graceful and quick sip of her tea, I waited patiently for her but couldn't help myself as I took in a deep inhale of the comforting smell of her tea.

"That smells delicious, I'm jealous..."

After shaking the thought out of my head, I noticed Scaramouche sitting on one of the plush chairs that decorated his mother's office. I gave him a small, polite smile in greeting and received a mere nod in return.

I allowed myself to wonder for a bit, whether he was here 'cause he caused some type of trouble or decided to talk back to a teacher, definitely wouldn't be the first time for both prospects...

"Ayaka, dear" Miss Ei called her voice was sweet and motherly, which threw me off at times, she could be so serious and scary.

"Hm?" I hummed innocently, eyebrows quirked upwards in curiosity.

"I called you here today to inform you about a bake sale we're doing as a fund raiser" she starts, another sip of tea before going on, "I'm personally telling the people who will be responsible for making the sugary sweet confectioneries for said bake sale"

The woman's eyes gleamed slightly at the mention of the pastries or "sugary sweet confectioneries" as she called them. Scaramouche let out a tiny scoff at her addiction (though she claimed to never have one).

I tilted my head in confusion, "that sounds wonderful, but...I'm not really well-versed in this aspect..."

"Yes I'm aware, but I know how much you love participating in events like these, so I'm allowing you to work with Thoma"

I smiled, previous confusion turning into excitement, Miss Ei was right, I always enjoyed working on events like these in school. I'm no professional at cooking, but seeing as I'm allowed to work with Thoma─

Thoma...

Baking with Thoma...

Just me and him...

A blush silently creeped its way up my cheeks, I ignored it, opening my mouth to speak rather than focus on the rapid tapping of my heart.

"Sounds like a wonderful idea ma'am!" I chirped, louder than I need be. I quickly covered my mouth and uttered a polite apology, my blush deepening.

The woman waved a dismissive hand my way and smiled which looked eerily similarly to the smile my mother always gave Nii-sama and I, may just be a 'mom' thing.