Chapter 10 - Zhongguang//Dear, Take some Time to Relax

Ningguang was a workaholic.

She just never knew when to quit, when to give up, or when to just ultimately call it a day. She had a habit of drowning herself in work until the world gave her cruel reminders that she was─after all─only human.

And today was no different, Celestia sent her a glaring warning that if she kept this up, she'd probably end up killing herself.

"...Urrgh" Ningguang let out a low groan before moving to stretch out her aching limbs, a feeble attempt at alleviating some of the pain she was feeling.

It came to no avail though, her body somehow managed to ache more.

She slouched back into her previous position with a slight wince, back hunched, elbows braced on her desk and stiff manicured fingers placed at her temple─her usual, iconic 'I fucking hate my life' sitting pose. It honestly shocked her that she hadn't developed a permanent hunch back yet...

Ningguang shook her head and brought her mind back to her work, trying her hardest to read the contents of the documents scattered haphazardly in front of her, but the words were either too blurry or danced a little shimmy along the lines of the page.

"Am I fucking high or what?" she blinked multiple times, "is this what happens when people snort naku weed...?"

She shook her head again to rid herself of the silly thought, she sighed and ultimately decided to give up completely. What's the point of even trying to get any work done when she can't even think straight?

The Tianquan of Liyue? No, now Ningguang was much more befitting of the title: workaholic idiot of Liyue.

Lazily, her dull ruby eyes danced towards the window, setting sight upon the sun that was just setting to give way to the nation's beautiful night sky.

She stared out wistfully as she admired the unnecessary beauty that was her nation.

"Well...I'll just head home, it's getting late anyway..." she muttered quietly, only for her ears to hear as she groggily pulled herself up from her desk.

With every tiny movement she made along the way, a small sound of pain made sure to force its way out of the confines of her lips. The body aches never dulling for even a second either.

Ningguang slowly made her way out, trudging about like a zombie that had been starved for days. But, rather than craving humans to satiate her hunger, she craved salvation from the hell she put upon herself.

Her eyes were set on the door with a lazily determined look, so close yet so far, the only thing really stopping her from achieving freedom was that damned fancy door.

"Ning? Heading home early?" the person's tone was stern as they asked. In fact, it almost sounded like they were scolding Ningguang.

Instantly, her entire being filled with dread and she had to try her hardest not to let out an audible groan. Slowly, she turned towards the voice, mustering up her most convincing customer service smile.

"Yeah..." she answered as her gaze landed on the shorter woman with pretty lilac hair and piercing amethyst eyes, "I'm not feeling too well"

Ningguang hoped that was enough to get the other off her back. However, the daggers the lilac haired woman glared into her made her think otherwise.