Chapter 22

Chapter 22

We stopped in front of a high-rise building, on top of it was a glowing marquee that stated 'Daydream Media'. Art gave his car key to someone to do a valet parking, and we entered the establishment. He was holding my hand as we walked the reception area.

"Mr. Schifer, we were expecting you." May babae ang agad na lumapit sa amin, nakangiti rin ito habang may hawak na folder. Maayos ang kaniyang buhok na hanggang taas ng balikat at nakasuot siya ng pencil skirt. Bumaba ang tingin niya sa aming kamay at bahagyang bumukas ang kaniyang bunganga. She cleared her throat and faked a smile again, "please... um, follow me."

Tumungo kami sa elevator. As we walked, I noticed a few prominent public figures. Some greeted Art and waved at him, he would also do the same. Oo nga naman. Lungga ito ng mga artista at nasa showbiz industry.

The lady pressed the 17th floor. There were 30 floors all in all. When the door opened, she gestured for us to move out. "Please go to the office at the end." She pointed the glass door at the end, and she bowed before pressing the close button.

Naglakad kami ni Art sa pasilyo. Ang magkabilang sides ay may mga cubicle kung saan may mga nakaupong nagtatrabaho. Most were reading documents, typing something on their monitor, and writing on paper. Everyone was busy. Ngunit nang napansin nila si Art ay bahagya silang natigil para tingnan siya, pati na rin ako. Halata ang pagtataka sa kanilang mukha, at para na rin akong sinusukat ng kanilang tingin.

"Ma'am Racho." He called the woman who was reclined on a purple swivel chair. Umangat ang tingin nito mula sa hawak na papeles, ngumiti siya nang matanaw si Art.

"I've been waiting for you!" Masayang bungad niya. "Come here!"

Naglakad naman kami ni Art at lumapit sa kaniya.

"I'm glad you decided to do a comeback! There are so many projects waiting for you! Magiging busy ka ulit, Arthur!" She redirected her sight to meet mine, "and this girl is?"

"My woman." Ngumiti si Art at hinila ako palapit sa kaniya, he then put his arm on my shoulder. Nakaakbay na siya!

"Oh." She chuckled, "I see... Siya na ba ang magiging bagong on-screen partner mo?" Tinaas niya ang isang kamay niya.

"Non-showbiz." Pagtatama ni Art, "wala siyang balak pumasok sa showbiz world, Ma'am Racho."

"Mahirap iyan." Umiling ang babae, she must be on her late 30s, "you do know every woman involved with you becomes a target of the public eye? You're a public figure, Arthur..."

"It's okay." Ngumiti ako, "no need to worry about me, Art. Focus on your career." I assured. "Whatever happens to me, it will be okay."

Tinitigan pa ako ng babae, tila malalim na nag-iisip. "You can paint, right?" Tanong niya sa akin matapos ang ilang sandali.

"Yes po." I answered softly.

"I saw some of your trending works online. Lalo ang wedding picture at ang family portrait na rin ni Arthur, and you were there too." She grinned at me. "Didn't think he will bring you here too..." She played with the pen she was holding, as if thinking deeply.

"Actually, she is moving here too... To pursue her painting career." Ngumiti si Art sa akin.

"Perfect! Ayun, naalala ko na!" She gestured something, as if there was a light bulb on top of her head. "We're actually looking for a girl who can paint, for a short advertisement and commercial video! Tamang-tama! What's your name, hija?"

"Dawn Denise Alcantara." I smiled. I looked at Art and he returned the gaze too.

"I'm Maureen Racho, but you can call me Ma'am Racho na lang like how Arthur and the others call me," bumalik siya sa kaniyang swivel chair at nagbukas sa drawer ng office table at naghalungkat sa mga papel, "I'm the manager of Arthur, and he's under my management called The Dream, lahat ng hawak ko ay mga bigating artista. You see, I am the one in-charge of his projects and sponsorships. Para na rin akong secretary, but of course, he's under me." She smirked.