Chapter: 9

"They're here," Blake sang like the little girl from Poltergeist as he ran to open the front door.

Loud cheers and male voices boomed from all walls of the house as a crowd of five guys walked in. Blake took time to introduce each one to Carlisle individually so I listened carefully so I could take notice of each one and would somehow be able to recall their names throughout the night.

The first one to come in was Shally. He was tall, extremely tall. He was around 6'7" with blonde hair and broad shoulders. His hair curled at the ends which gave him a sort of boyish quality. He wore a visor with the words "Titlist" written in script. He was dressed like Blake with short khakis shorts and a Lacoste polo and brown loafers. Typical frat guys...

He walked up to Emmett first then me and gave us both this weird handshake thing. I smiled and greeted him while he took my hand to give me the handshake. I tried to wing it...but all I knew was that it ended with a snap. I had the snap down but the rest made my hand look like a limp fish.

Next was Feltman. Feltman looked nothing like Shally. He was somewhat short and pretty skinny. While he was dressed like the rest, he had a dark completion and dark hair. He greeted me with the same handshake. I just let my hand go limp again until the snap but watched carefully.

Then, there was Flippo. Flippo (or Flip) was taller than Feltman but shorter than Shally; he was more around my height. However, he was as skinny as Feltman. He, of course, was dressed as the typical frat guy like the others. He had blonde hair, but it was cut shorter than Shally's. The handshake with him went smoother than the others.

Last were Derrick and Spencer Whitt. They were brothers and looked a lot alike. They were also my height but were built more like Emmett and Shally. They both had brown hair that was long enough to cover their foreheads but not enough to cover all of their ears. Spencer, the older one, had longer side burns and little more scruff on this face. He was also the only one who had on jeans and button up shirt. I almost laughed at how out of place he looked while walking in with the others. But they both still gave me the same handshake as everyone else. This time, I knew it.

It did not go unnoticed by me that the guys were calling me Red. The only people who ever called me Red were Emmett and Jasper when we were little because I had red hair and freckles up until middle school. When my face cleared and my hair grew out darker, the nickname sort of died down, so it was so nostalgic and surreal for me to hear these guys whom I didn't know call me that. I tried not to let it faze me at all, but every time I heard it, I cringed a little. I never liked that name. Another reason for me to hate my hair.

The kitchen was filling up fast, but I knew this still wasn't everyone...we were still waiting on Jake.

Shally and Flip stood on either side of me while Blake started passing out red Solo cups to everyone and took out a large cooler that resembled a Gatorade container on the sidelines of football games.

"Okay, fellas. Here is our appetizer," Blake announced patting the top of the cooler.

"What is it?" Derrick asked.

Blake smiled proudly, "Skip and Go Naked."

"Oh shit," Flippo exclaimed, walking closer to the cooler. He filled his cup up and took the first sip. He smiled as he turned to face everyone. "Tastes like college."

Everyone filled their cups and stood around talking and waiting. It was the first time, technically, that I had ever had a Skip and Go Naked. It was...interesting. And as the guys began telling stories of the few times that they had had this drink, I realized that it can actually fuck you up, pretty bad and pretty quickly.