Chapter : 6

She's not even yours...technically.

I had to keep reminding myself of that fact. She was really this "dream" non-reality Edward's girlfriend, whom I happened to be acting his part out in this life. It had not actually been me that I had fallen in love with her years ago. And as I continued to search my brain for those lost memories, to find some sort of answers to the many questions to the uncertainties that filled me, I kept coming up empty. Whatever magical fantasy had sent me into this new life, this "glimpse", it was seriously messing with my logical, controlling self that desperately wanted to find some sort of reasonable explanation for these happenings. But even I could not understand it.

"Still confused?" Jasper asked, walking closer to me. I hadn't even realized he was still in the room.

I looked up at him, sighing and rubbing my hand over my face then into my hair swiftly before standing up off the piano bench.

"It's so frustrating, Jazz. I can't even describe what it feels like," I replied.

He gave me a confused stare, but he still never probed me for more information. My brother of few words still had yet to let me down. I didn't know if I would ever be able to express enough thanks to him fully.

I stifled all the questions I so desperately had left to ask him: wondering about my scar on my shoulder, my fraternity tattoo, preppy Blake, mystery-man Brody, why Bella was suddenly an English teacher in this life and not a nurse like when I met her. But more than all that, I wanted to know the little things about Bella that I didn't know yet. I wanted to know the things that her boyfriend of four years would know, and that I so desperately wanted to figure out.

I wanted to know what her favorite song was, what her parents were like (if I've met them before), when her birthday was, how and when it was that I fell in love with her and what it is about me that made her fall in love with me.

"I'm going to go change," I said, making my way out the door before stopping abruptly.

Ok. Maybe just one question...

"Hey, Jazz?" I whipped around quickly to be met with his questioning look again. Without waiting for a reply, I continued. "Who the hell is Blake?"

I expected him to be surprised; instead, he surprised me by chuckling and saying the one thing that I was afraid of. "He's Rosalie's older brother..." he said as he walked closer to me, clasping my shoulder briefly... "And your best friend." He walked ahead of me out into the hall before turning to walk to the patio outside.

I felt it in my gut. Maybe it was what Blake had said about Bella jokingly or the fact that he seemed so comfortable with Bella and my brothers, but I just somehow knew it. I knew that Jasper was going to say he and I were friends. And in my heart of hearts, I could see why.

I needed more answers though, so I started my search. I started opening drawer after drawer in my bedroom, looking for clues about my past, anything to help make this new transition from one life to the next easier. Meeting Blake, my "best friend", made me realize how many more people I had met in this life that would not be familiar to me.

So I searched for a few minutes before looking in boxes in my closet. Finally, inside a box marked "ΛΕΏ," I found a lot of things that I thought could help piece things together.

There were pictures...lots and lots of pictures. I sat on the carpeted floor of my closet, flipping through the stacks. Most of them were of a bunch of guys and me which even most of them I didn't recognize. Blake was present in almost all of them though. But Emmett and Jasper were too. And most were made in front of a large, white house with long white columns with ΛΕΏ in large letters above front of the door.