CHAPTER 3

In the early hours of the morning, Mona had already departed for her boyfriend's place, leaving Crystal all by herself. After a long, relaxing shower, she stepped out and passed by the mirror but stopped short when she caught a glimpse of her reflection.

Her muscles still felt sore, even though it had been only a strange dream. However, this time, her once-pale skin was covered in handprints, and her usually dark eyes had bags undert hem. Her long, untamed hair flowed down her shoulders.

"What on earth?" she whispered, approaching the mirror. As she moved her hair to the side, she saw a faint bite mark on her neck, as if an animal had bitten her. For a split second, the mirror reflected the open field from her supposed dream, and a scream escaped her lips. She quickly covered her eyes and knelt on the ground.

"It's not real," she whispered, trying to calm herself down. "It's just a stupid nightmare." After a moment, she stood up and took a closer look at the mirror. Everything seemed to be normal, and she breathed a sigh of relief.

~♤~♤~♤~♤~♤~

Matthew's frustration was palpable as he paced back and forth in the living room of his luxurious penthouse, his voice rising with each step. "You did what!" he shouted at his brother Xavier, who was slumped on the sofa with a heavy sigh.

Xavier rolled his eyes at his brother's outburst. "Relax. I stopped before I could lose control," he responded with a hint of annoyance in his voice. "Why are you disturbing my pace again?"

"Because what you did was reckless, idiot," Matthew retorted, his voice laced with anger.

Xavier raised an eyebrow. "It was your idea, wasn't it?"

"But you left a mark on her," Matthew growled, feeling agitated.

Xavier shook his head. "Since when are you patient," he said, clearly annoyed with his brother's behavior.

"You have to understand. She's human. Not some witch you meet at a club and end up fucking."

"Between you and me brother, I think you're the one who's suffering the most. Wouldn't you like to know what she tastes like... well, I almost did. Even though it was in her dreams." Xavier muttered the last part.

"We can't scare the little human away, brother," Matthew said, pulling out his phone. "Let's go. I can't deal with you right now."

Xavier stood on the sidewalk with a dove perched on his finger. "What is she doing?" he asked the bird as it suddenly flew off, heading towards a woman named Crystal. Xavier watched as Crystal approached a homeless man by the door, offering him coffee and cupcakes. The man's face lit up with gratitude, and Crystal responded with a billion-dollar smile.

Xavier turned to his brother, Matthew, who was standing with him on the sidewalk. "Feeding the homeless," Xavier muttered.

Matthew chuckled and motioned towards a slick black limousine parked nearby. "Let's get inside."

As they settled into the back seat, Matthew teased his brother. "Stop spying Xavier."

"Says the one who watched her sleep all night," Xavier retorted.

Matthew shrugged, conceding the point. "Fair enough."

With a smirk, Xavier turned to his brother. "Get ready for a long day, brother. This will be fun."

Matthew smirked back, a hint of mischief in his eyes. "I almost feel sorry for her."

~♤~♤~♤~♤~♤~

Crystal turned around as she heard the sound of a friendly voice. It was the woman who had led her to her interview room. "Oh morning there you are," the woman said cheerfully. "You felt in such a rush I didn't get to give you these," she added, handing Crystal a file and a to-do list.