1| I'm drunk

A dimly lit room, full of college going teenagers and adults, was glowing in its way as the people all around grooved to the music beats being played in the background. People all around the room were either busy eating faces or getting lost in their own by getting drunk and dancing.

Aanya was doing none of what was mentioned above. Rather she was sitting with her best friend contemplating her life decisions. She was very much stressed regarding the case that she was currently working on.

Being a lawyer is not an easy task in today's world. Her friend, Kiara, dragged her into the club saying she had to loosen up a bit and enjoy the night by drinking and dancing. However, right now, Kiara was the hardest to be found amongst the crowd filled place.

Aanya wasn't interested in getting her laid just like how her best friend is right now. All she wanted to do was just lie in her bed and beg her brain to work a bit so that she could solve the case.

The case was about a nineteen year old girl getting arrested for being involved in human trafficking. However, she claims to be a victim. Therefore, Aanya here, is trying to collect evidence regarding her being a victim and not a plaintiff.

She has been so busy with the case for the past 5 days that she has completely forgotten to get good sleep and food. Therefore, her best friend, who said that Aanya should enjoy, is currently enjoying herself.

Aanya put the glass of wine near her lips and scanned the room with a glance. She pulled her phone and took a sip of wine. She surfed through the documents and the information she received for one more time before glancing at everyone present in the room again.

She received the information that the one who can help her in the case might just be around in this club. He is a top-notch investigator who is currently working on the same case as hers.

Just as she was busy looking at the room, she felt a hand on her waist.

"Hey baby, wanna get laid?" Aanya looked at him only to pass him a glare. But the guy didn't seem to take the sign and continued flirting with her, clearly interrupting her task.

"Listen here, you dipshit, leave me alone this instant or I have you won't be able to see the sun rise." Aanya warned him calmly to maintain her posture. But the guy was just not ready to leave. This left Aanya with no choice but to plant a punch on his jaw.

This made the guy furious but all of a sudden, he retreated himself and left her disappearing in the crowd. Aanya frowned at his actions and looked around to see if there was anyone who threatened him. Not finding anyone suspicious she returned back to her drink with a sigh.

"Aanya! Stop looking at your damn phone and drink with me!~~~" Kiara said as she slurred with her words, clearly indicating the amount of drinks she had.

"Ki, it's enough for today. We should get home." Aanya said trying to get hold of kiara's arm but Kiara swiftly slapped it away.

"No. You're gonna get laid tonight~~" said Kiara making Aanya sigh.

"No ki, I am not getting laid. Now come on" Aanya said attempting to make her shut up but was she going to ponder over her words? A hell no.

"Okay but at least drink with me please" Kiara said picking up a vodka bottle and opening it with a fizz.

"Alright alright. I'll drink with you but first let's sit somewhere. Okay?" Aanya talked to in calm and composed manner.

"Okay. Come on" said Kiara dragging Aanya towards the sofas. Kiara pulled Aanya and settled down on one of the sofas.

"Now drink ~~~" Kiara slurred. Aanya let out a deep sigh and picked the bottle. She emptied the whole bottle in a go. Since she was so busy fighting her own demons, she failed to notice that Kiara was long gone, all passed out on the sofa.