Ch.6:Man up Jack

When we got back to the tavern, I picked up Addie and held her in my arms. And Angelica handed Jocelyn to Will, she looked super ticked off. Like a female tiger getting ready to pounce on her pray. Half of me was nervous that a fight would brake out.
But another part of me was excited to see what she would say to Jack.

All of us spotted Jack and Hector sitting at the back of the Tavern, Sharing a bottle of rum.

'Dad we're back" I said getting his attention.

Addie climbed down from my arms and showed Hector her new Doll.
"Hey Jack, we ran into someone who would like to talk to you' I said doing my best not to sound like I was making fun of him.

"Oh really? And just who would that be lass?" He asked with a smirk. But I nearly lost it, when I saw his smirk change into one of fear. And I heard him say 'Oh Bugger' under his breathe.

As for Angelica, she stood there with a smile on her face and her hands on her hips.

"Angelica, you're looking well love" Jack said trying to be nice. But out of nowhere she slapped the living hell out of him!

And while he wasn't looking me and Angelina high fived each other.

"Think you deserved that one jack?" Hector asked.

Jack just gave him a look and turned back to face her.

"I hope your happy Sparrow! You let my father die, you marooned me on an island all alone. And you have the nerve to just act like nothing happened! Not to mention you broke my heart! Again!"

'She's too good for him I whispered to Hector who Just chuckled at me.
"Alright, Alright, I get that you're upset love. But on the bright side, you are now off the island and here with me. How bout I buy you a drink and we let bygones be bygones savey?"
'As tempting as that may be Jack. I don't drink anymore, I'm a mother now."

Once she said that I could've swore I saw a look of jealousy cross Jack's face. "Oh really? And who might I ask is the proud father?"

Angelica smiled wider and took Jocelyn from Will.

'Jack, she's yours. You are her father Jack Sparrow.

Everyone in the room stopped and stared at Jack.

But he didn't say anything, he Just got up and left the Tavern.
"What a coward, he didn't say one word" said Will clearly disgusted with his friend.

"Oh give him a brake lad, it's not every day one man finds out he has a daughter he never knew about" Said Hector who I couldn't understand why he was sticking up for Jack.

"It's not entirely his fault, Maybe I should've picked a more civilized place to tell Jack
this." Said Angelica with a look of guilt.

'Ay, let's get out of here. This is no place for me daughters or yours" said Hector picking up Addie and taking me by the hand.

"Where are we going mami?" Jocelyn asked.

'Just for a walk mija, somewhere where you can play with your new friends."

As we walked out we found Jack sitting close to the beach, lost in thought.

'Dad can I go talk to him? I feel somewhat responsible" I said.

Hector just nodded and told me not to be too long.

Walking up to him, I sat down with him in the sand. 'Hi Jack, were umm getting ready to go."

He didn't say anything and just continued to watch the waves roll onto shore.

'I... I'm sorry Jack, I didn't know the two of you had a history. She just said she had a daughter and that she was looking for you. I didn't mean to hurt you."

He looked at me with a straight face and sighed. "Well love I guess we're square. I tried to give you back to your father, and now you've brought my old lover back to me

Hearing that didn't exactly make me feel better.

"Look Jack it doesn't matter if we're even or not. Angelica and Jocelyn need you.  You have the opportunity to be a better father to your daughter than my father was to me and Addie. Now you either get on board with me and take that opportunity. Or you sit here and drink yourself silly and wonder what could have been.

Jack looked at me in shock, but when I looked into those brown eyes I could see that he knew I was right.

At first he hesitated, but with a firm grip. He took my hand and walked with me to the ship.

I could tell he was scared, but I could also tell that he was ready to do the right thing...or at least that's what I hoped for.