Ch.9: From a song to a Kiss

From outside I could hear bits and pieces of Jack and Angelica's conversation.

I could only imagine how she must have felt. To raise a little girl all on her own is not easy at all.

And just the thought of Jack abandoning that precious little girl. Made me think of how Captin Morgan abandoned Addie and me.

All that aside, I decided to walk to the other end of the ship.

Not that many of the crew members were up at this hour. Even Hector wasn't around, and it's rare that he ever sleeps. I looked up to see Will, he had fallen asleep in the mass.

When I got to the end of the ship, I looked over the edge and just watched the waves roll on.

But the sound of something splashing next to me caught my attention.

"A dolphin?" I thought to myself, but once again the splashing sound came. And I couldn't believe what I saw! It was a tail, a bright beautiful scaley... mermaid tail!

I could feel my heart beating like crazy, and ran from corner to corner looking for the tail again.

Then I remembered something I had read in the book. They like to hear singing!!!

Quickly, I gathered my thoughts and tried to come up with a song.

The only one that came to mind was the song my mom used to sing to me at night. When I would lay my head on her lap and she would rub my hair and sing.

(Song of the sea Lullaby)

"Hush now, mo stóirín

Close your eyes and sleep

Waltzing the waves Diving in the deep Stars are shining bright

The wind is on the rise

Whispering words of long lost lullabies.

Oh wont you come with me

Where the moon is made of gold.

And in the morning sun

We'll be sailing.

Oh won't you come with me

where the ocean meets the sky.

And as the clouds roll by

We'll sing a song of the sea."

When i finished the song, I nearly gasped as a beautiful, golden haired mermaid poked her head out of the water and smiled at me.

I waved to her and noticed that she was reaching her hand out to me. And in that hand was something shiny.

Knowing that there was a good chance that I'd fall off the ship,I got a nearby rope and tied it around my waist. And the other end to one of the pillars.

Lowering myself down, I was almost close enough to touch her hand. I could almost identify what it was, but suddenly the rope was being tugged on and I was back on board.

"Alex what do you think you're doing?!" asked a very concerned Will who was now clutching my shoulders.

"Damnit Will, Let me go!" I snapped as I pushed him off of me.

"What were you doing? You nearly threw yourself off of the ship. Not to mention that this rope wasn't even secured properly."

I rolled my eyes at him, and untied the rope.

"It's none of your business okay! I can take care of myself." I said doing my best to control my temper.

I was about to walk away when will spoke again.

"You..you have an amazing singing voice Alex. I had no idea you could sing. When I heard you, it was like I was being awoken by an angel."

I could feel my cheeks getting hot again, and my heart beating once again.

".. Thanks, my mom taught it to me... I'm sorry I snapped at you Will. But...I found something down there I just wanted a better look okay."

Will nodded and put his arms around me.

I could barely control my breathing as he held onto me. "Nothing has been easy on you has it?" He asked as he began
to stroke my hair.

I shook my head no and slowly laid my head in his shoulder.

"Why are you being so nice to me? You know that if you had the chance you'd go back to Elizabeth in a heartbeat."

Will lifted my chin to make me look at him.

"She couldn't be further from my thoughts. The only one I want, is the woman here in front of me. I'm done hiding my feelings from you Alex, I told myself not to think about you. But I do, I think about you all the time." I kept blinking, how in the world was this possible?

Will wasreturning my feelings, and I felt like I was floating on air."

Finally I forced myself to speak, "Will Turner. I have been in love with you since the moment you saved me and my sister. You reunited us with our father and you've been nothing but kind to me. Let me heal your heart."

With every word I said I could see in his eyes happy tears forming. Slowly he leaned in, and his soft lips captured mine in my very
first kiss.

The kiss continued, until we both finally broke for air.

Making sure no one was looking, we both went back up to the mass and I laid in Will's arms.

I could feel myself dozing off as Will sang to me.

"I am a Pirate

You are a Princess

We could sail the seven seas.

Bring back some presents for all the people.

Everyone would love us

Even Sparrow would love us."

I smiled at every lyric and fell in a very peaceful sleep.

But in the back of my mind, I knew I had to see that mermaid again.

I just had too.