Chapter Two

Y/N's POV

On my way towards where Adam was, I began contemplating why I even agreed to be here in the first place when I could've been home and resting. Once I landed on the ground beside Adam, I could tell that he was furious. "What's wrong now Adam?"

Adam turned around to face my way and glared at me angrily. "What do you mean what's wrong?! Lilith is being insufferable again! She always is like this!"

"Hey! Calm down first. Here sit down beside me and have a drink of water." I offered, sitting down on a fallen log in front on a bonfire. I snapped my fingers and a glass bottle of water appeared on my hand.

Adam sat down and took the water from my hand before drinking a few gulps and letting out a sigh of relief. "Alright, I'm calm now. Just not happy though." Adam handed me the now empty bottle of water, to which I had made it disappear into thin air. "Not happy? How come? Tell me, you know you can trust me with anything"

I heard Adam sighed and took a deep breath before speaking. "You're right, you're one of the only angels that I can trust." He looked into my eyes as he spoke. "Lilith just can't get along with me for some reason, you know we used to love each other when we first met, we used to be the sweetest couple, and most angels was jealous of us."

"Do you know what actions you have done that might have upset her?" I asked.

Adam sighed as I noticed that he looked down at the ground and was quiet for a while before speaking. "I don't know, I mean I was a bit pushy with trying to get her to do certain things that I wanted to do, but I never forced her or anything. Yet she always says that I do things she doesn't like."

"You see, us women tend to be confusing. I can tell you that. But in situations like this, I would advise you to be patient and calm and ask her what needs or wants. Listen to her problems and actually make her feel like you are actually listening. Try not to be pushy when you ask for favours because she might take it differently than what you intended."

Adam nodded slowly and looked at the ground again before speaking, "I'll try that. Maybe I am being too pushy sometimes. I never realized that...thank you...for helping me."

"You're always welcome, my dear. Now why don't you stay here and I'll go get Lilith so you two can talk? How does that sound?"

Adam smiled weakly and nodded. "Sure, that sounds great! But you do know that you're a really nice angel right?"

"Yeah, I get that a lot." I responded with a smile. Adam laughed softly before speaking again. "I mean, I think you're kind of special. Maybe it's just me but you seem different than the other angels in terms of kindness and beauty. I think that's why you're my favourite angel!"

"You're the second one who told me that!"

I saw Adam raised his eyebrow and then crossed his arms as he stood up from the log. "Only the second? I would've thought everyone would have told you that?"

"Well, I don't know. Everyone mostly seems shy and nervous in my presences and couldn't form any words."

Adam laughed. "I supposed you're just that beautiful and heavenly. You should've seen how hard it was for me to speak to you at first", he said before he chuckled.

"Oh yea! I remember that clearly", I chuckled as a bright smile appeared on my face.

Adam laughed again. "I was so nervous. I'm always nervous when I talk to someone as beautiful as you, just like I how first did with Lilith. The fact you're an angel didn't make it any better. Angels are very intimidating, except you. I've known you for quite some time now, so you just make me smile."