Chapter Nine

First Person POV

After arriving on the beach, I then sat down on the shore, the water hitting my feet once in a while. The sounds of waves has always been a comfort noise to me. Today was a day. Sitting down on where the sea meets the sand as I could feel the water hit my feet every now and then. "Oh I miss him so much", I said to myself, as tears threatened to escape my eyes. Too focused on my problems that I had not noticing that someone was here already.

A very soft, gentle and calming male voice spoke to me at this very moment. "Is everything alright? Do you a shoulder to lean on." The voice was one I could identify the owner to no matter what. It belonged to somebody who cared very much about others. Although I am unable to see their face but their demeanour and aura they gave off had always been extremely caring and calming for as long as I could remember. I could see the silhouette of the outline of their body casted down on the sand in front of me.

"What are you doing here Azzy?" I sniffled out while I wiped a tear off my face.

Azrael spoke very softly and said, "I'm here to aid you with whatever is troubling you. I was just walking down the street until I saw you fly out of the courthouse in a hurry. I've known you long enough to know that something is bothering you, and you always come here to recollect yourself." He spoke in a kind and gentle voice which made him seem like a gentle giant due to his towering height. "I will not leave your side until I've helped you or at least know you're feeling better." Azrael smiled warmly at me as he looked directly to me.

"Can I be honest with you? Like totally honest without any judgement?"

"Of course. I won't judge you whatsoever." Azrael replied kindly in a soft tone. He continued to smiled warmly and seemed ver relaxed and easy-going when he said this.

I then took a deep breath as I though of a way on how to bring out my words together. "I love Lucifer." I mumbled under my breath. I could tell Azrael was shocked upon this confession despite him already knowing, but it has been so long since Lucifer's fall anyone would have thought that I would've moved on by now. He remained silent for a few seconds as he could tell this was something very difficult for me to talk about. As if he had a feeling that I needed to bring up this topic and he was going to let me spill everything out, to my heart's content.

Azrael broke the silence between the two of us and spoke in a very calming tone. "Your feeling are understandable. I know you both have a deep relationship and I won't judge you for you feeling towards him."

"Thank you for understanding me Azzy." I smiled softly towards him.

Second Person's POV

Azrael spoke gently once more as he wrapped an arm around your shoulders in a comforting way. Although he had feelings for you long ago, those feeling transformed into one where he viewed you as his little sister instead. He truly cared for you and would try to always be their for you when he's not fulfilling his duties as the Angel of Death. Quite the irony for the Angel of Death to be one who is the one with softest and warm heart amongst the angels. "Of course, it's my pleasure. There's no reason to thank me for being understanding."

Azrael continued to stay silent as he didn't seem to mind just listening to your words if you wanted to keep talking. Unbeknownst to him, you had leaned into his warmth as he held you closer. He had always had a very calming personality that made it feel so easy to get deep and personal with him. He had noticed that you weren't saying anything and you seemed to be looking out towards the sea. Azreal broke the silence once more and said, "I would also like to ask you a question."

"Hm?"

"If you do love Lucifer, how come you have never decided to be with him in a romantic way? You two had always been close when he was still here yet you two would always deny any rumours and confess it was only platonic between you two. Why is that?"