X: The attempt

Since this is chapter number 10, I'll make it a longer chapter. After all, the usual chapters are a bit too short in my humble opinion. I'm really bad at writing dialogue so bear with me.

A rainy sunday evening.

The huge water droplets fell down from the dark grey sky.

I sat down on a bench in the rain. The wood was slippery, uncomfortable. The rain was just fascinating. I looked at the puddles that had formed in front of me with curious eyes. The water had mixed with mud, forming a rather disgusting unappealing color.

I shut my eyes again. The darkness that emerged was comforting, like a warm home. Obito's silhouette appeared before me again, just like always. He was more than just a dream. A living person, who I'd sacrifice anything for. But he was out of my reach, somewhere far. These thoughts yet again gained control over my brain and mind. It was daily at this point. Part of this mundane life I lived, unable to control any aspect of it.

Just as I opened my eyes, I saw him. It wasn't just a dream, it was a part of reality. He stood there, in the distance. Talking to some man who was way taller than him. I just admired him from the distance. The only audible noise was the rain drops hitting the pavement.

A loud thump.

My eyes widened and my brows rose. A small gasp came out of mouth without realising it. I clenched my fists, my nails slightly digging into my palms.

The man in the distance had punched Obito in the face. Obito had almost fallen over from the impact, barely standing now. He wiped his face with his hand, simultaneously swiping the wet strands of hair away from his face. I couldn't see his face from this angle, but I don't know if I would've wanted to see it anyway. The man let out a small deep chuckle, now patting Obito on his shoulder and walking away past him. Obito turned around to shout something to the man, but I couldn't hear what he was saying. His cheek looked unusually red because of the punch. I could see him gritting his teeth, imagining what sort of voice it would make.

The man walked to a red car, and unlocked the doors. He stepped in the vehicle, and apparently waved goodbye to the now angry Obito. The car growled loudly, and drove away. He even managed to splash dirty water from the road on Obito. He clenched his fists, still shouting something to the distance.

I had never seen Obito that angry before. I had no idea who that man with long black greasy hair was, but apparently someone Obito was associated with. I felt one singular tear form in the corner of my eye, no idea why.

I focused on looking at Obito. He rolled his eyes once, then turned this way.

Our eyes met again, just like back then in the cafeteria.

His eyes had surprise mixed into them alongside the same sorrow from back then. Then they returned back to their normal gaze. He furrowed his brows, quickly turned the other way and hurried away until I could no longer see him. The water splashed on the ground after his light steps.

Such an odd encounter.

.

..

...

It was the first time I ever asked Guy to hang out with me instead of the other way around.

This time we also went to my house instead of his. I felt the anxiety stirr up inside me, as my eyes darted around the room. I told Guy I had something I wanted to talk to him about, but now I kind of started to regret that choice. He should be here any minute now, I thought to myself as I audibly gulped.

The weather outside was still the exact same it was earlier today. It was almost nighttime, and I had seen Obito just a few hours before.

A loud knock could be heard from the door. I hurried to open the front door, just to meet Guy's always sparkling eyes. He seemed really excited about something, and he was almost jumping in the air.