Season Six Oneshot

"We've actually been doing pretty good!"

Grian laughed, "What, you didn't expect that?"

"Well, to be fair.." Mumbo chimed in with an awkward laugh, causing his two business partners to burst out into laughter.

"Dude, come on. We're not exactly the most professional." Iskall said, kicking their feet up and onto the meeting room table. "But I mean, Sahara is making diamonds! So I can't complain."

"Neither can I." Mumbo sat back in his seat, shaking his head as he spoke. "It's been quite nice to split the workload. Though, I would have preferred to keep all the profits to myself..."

"Come on, we're making far more diamonds together than we would make separately!"

"Especially Mumbo." Iskall smirked at the mustached Hermit, who shot an angry glare at their direction.

"Look, I'm not that bad at making shops, okay? I've had a few successful ones in previous seasons!" He argued, while Grian and Iskall just laughed at his desperation.

"Alright, alright." The Swede waved their hand to dismiss the laughter, "I guess we should get back on track. What's next on the meeting agenda."

"Well I had an idea to make memberships." Grian placed his elbows on the table as he spoke, leaning forward in his chair as he explained. "Cheaper products for an expensive membership, plus more people would shop with us!"

"Smart." Mumbo hummed, while Iskall nodded in agreement.

"If we sell enough, we could even run ConCorp out of business!" Grian said with enthusiasm, though the mood in the room suddenly shifted at the mention of the rival company.

Iskall put their feet back on the ground as they sat up, sharing a concerned look with Mumbo from across the table. "Look, G.." They began, "ConCorp...Well, it's risky enough being a competitor. Let's just stay in our own lane. We're better off not getting tangled up with them."

"Aw, what? Are you two scared of a bit of competition?" Grian asked jokingly, Mumbo flinching a bit.

"Not necessarily...But with Cub and Scar..." Mumbo trailed off, his gaze cast to the side.

"You weren't here for the previous seasons, Grian." Iskall spoke up, shaking their head. "Scar and Cub are very powerful people. And they don't like competition. We already have quite the target on our backs."

"You guys are just paranoid." Grian laughed as he placed the palms of his hands on the table, rising from his seat. "We'll talk about this next meeting, along with going more into detail about the Sahara memberships."

He left the room, strolling off without taking the warning seriously. Once more, Iskall and Mumbo shared a look of concern with one another. "I don't want to get tangled up in their mess," The mustached Hermit shook his head with a sigh. "I just wish Grian understood."

"He will eventually. But for now, let's try to lay low. No need to stir up any trouble." Iskall said as they stood up, beginning to leave the meeting room. "I'm off to meet Stress, but I'll see you around."

Mumbo smiled, though he looked tired. He gave a simple nod, watching as Iskall left the room. Once he was gone, the redstoner let out a shaky breath, his palms gripping the end of the table. "Th-they're gone," He spoke, seemingly to himself. "Just...please, let me go."

Cub appeared, as if he had been invisible before, holding a small iron dagger to Mumbo's neck. The vex smiled at him, flashing his sharp fangs. "Good job," the wings on his back flexed slightly as he spoke. "But we're not done with you yet."

"I-I can't help you, I'm sorry!" Mumbo tried to insist, though Scar giggled as he appeared suddenly atop the meeting table.

"Oh, but you can!" Scar giggled, "You got all those Sahara secrets locked up in that smart ol' brain of yours! And you know us, we don't like competition..."

"I-I can shut it down! Sabotage the redstone, convince Iskall and Grian to quit!" Mumbo begged, while the two vexes shared a sharp grin with one another.

"You know we can't trust you-" Cub twirled the knife around his sharpened fingertips, before pressing the blade further against the mustached Hermit's neck. "-and like Grian would listen."

"Maybe he'll listen if his friend's life is on the line~" Scar teased with a smirk across his face, twirling a finger around a lock of Mumbo's hair.

"I-I'll do anything. I'll give all of my Sahara earnings, please. Just-, le-let me go.."

"Mm, nah." Scar replied, giving a tug on the edge of Mumbo's mustache.

"Let's take him back to ConCorp," Cub said to his partner. "Then we can enact the rest of the plan."

"P-plan?! What plan!?" Mumbo was now starting to panic. The ConCorp vexes were a devious pair, the type of people you wouldn't want to cross.

"Aw, no need to worry. You just go to sleep!" Scar giggled, snapping his fingers in front of Mumbo's face.

A light blue spark of magic slipped off his fingertips, which caused a wave of nausea to wash over the redstoner. Cub tucked away the knife, placing his hands on Mumbo's shoulders. His head fell back, it felt too heavy to hold upright any longer.

As his vision began to turn fuzzy and dark, Mumbo could see Cub and Scar looking down at him, their blue eyes glowing with malice as he slipped into unconsciousness.