Season Seven Oneshot

It was like a religion to them.

No, it was more like a cult.

Scar had watched the influence of mycelium spread. He had watched Grian as he manipulated the other Hermits into joining his resistance. He had watched them fall prey to his trap. To the cult that he had started. He formed HEP to try and stop it, to try and stop whatever rebellion had been going on. But things weren't looking too good.

"Blegh," The mayor stuck out his tongue, realizing he had stepped in a patch of the purple mushroom. "Gross.."

"Those dirty mushroom lovers!" Bdubs growled as he pulled out his shovel, scooping up the infected block.

He picked up the mycelium, tucking away his shovel as he held the mushroom block in his hands. "Do you have a flint and steel? We should burn this garbage."

Scar looked to his advisor, about to say something, when he noticed the vines and mushroom moving slightly on the block that Bdubs held. "Watch out!" He yelled, slapping the block out of the builder's grasp. As it dropped to the ground, Scar pulled out a flint and steel, striking the tool together in order to burn the block.

"Hey! What was that for?" Bdubs huffed, clearly irritated.

"I-I thought-" Scar's green eyes stared at him for a second, before the mayor shook his head. "I think I might be a bit exhausted. I've spent the last few nights digging up all the mycelium that Grian keeps planting over and over again."

"Yeah, you just totally freaked out!" His advisor said with a frown, crossing his arms.

Shaking his head, the mayor sighed. "I'm sorry. I guess I'm just on edge with everything."

"Maybe you should get some rest." Bdubs suggested.

"I don't know, with this whole turf war going on, I can't exactly leave HEP without a leader." The mayor sighed, shaking his head. "But I'll get some sleep and meet you back here tomorrow. I don't think I can be much help without some rest."

"Yeah, then maybe you won't attack me like that again!"

Scar giggled a little, "We'll see. Don't touch those dirty blocks, and I won't attack you!" The mayor smirked, pulling out a rocket from his inventory before flying off to his base.

Bdubs watched as he flew off, staying behind to clean up the rest of the mycelium mess that had been left behind. He pulled out his shovel, grabbing at the wooden base, though the mayoral advisor nearly dropped it in shock.

He had purple bits of vines and mycelium around the tips of his fingers, as if just touching the block had infected his body. Bdubs tried to wipe the vines off onto his jeans, hoping it was just a bit of residue, though it clung to his skin. In fact, it felt like it had roots buried in his body.

"Uh oh," his eyes widened in shock and fear, clearly disturbed by the vines that had taken over his fingertips.

"Don't be afraid," A sudden voice scared Bdubs, causing him to jump and spin around. Doc stepped out of the barge, though he looked unfamiliar upon first glance. His cybernetic side had been completely taken over by mycelium vines and mushrooms, as if he had become one with the vines. He even had a few mushrooms sprouting from his head and shoulders.

"The transformation is pretty natural," He continued to explain, speaking in a much calmer tone than Doc normally would use. "It feels nice, letting yourself be accepted by the mycelium. You're pretty lucky, usually it doesn't take a liking to people that quickly!"

Bdubs was in a state of shock, horror in his eyes as he stared at the creeper-mycelium hybrid. "What...what happened to you-?" He fumbled out the words, watching Doc calmly smile in response.

"Mother Spore accepted me, she gave me a purpose." He said, opening his arms. "She can help you, give you a purpose too."

Something tugged at Bdubs, pulling at the back of his mind. Mother Spore...She sounded important. He could feel the vines tighten around his hand, slowly spreading their way up his wrist. Bdubs shoved his infected hand into his pocket, looking at Doc with a serious gaze. "Can Mother Spore get rid of this?"

"Why of course!" Doc smiled, "Mother Spore can do anything! She's quite incredible."

"Yeah, yeah. Take me to her so I can get this fixed!" He demanded, as Doc just bowed his head with a nod.

"As you wish."

-

Doc led Bdubs into the Mycelium Resistance headquarters, the giant mushroom building that had been created just south of the town hall. He could feel the vines beginning to tighten and move up his arm, as if they were constantly expanding and growing.

Bdubs looked around, other members of the resistance were suffering the same fate. They were covered in purple vines and mushrooms, as if they had been taken over. All of them had blank eyes and eerie smiles as they watched Bdubs enter, as if they had been expecting him.

"Brother Doc!" A familiar voice greeted, which caused the creeper to fall into a knee and bow his head.

Grian stepped forward in a long and dark purple robe, with a large mushroom hat perched atop his head. Something inside of Bdubs made him want to bow as well, though he shook the thought away.

"Hello, Mother Spore." He smiled, the same eerie smile that the other resistance members shared. "I brought along Bdubs, just as you requested."

Mother Spore placed a hand on Doc's cheek, dragging his fingertips along the mycelium vines. He smiled. "You did excellent, my servant. You have made the source block proud."

Doc smiled in pride, though Bdubs remained confused. "Look, I don't know what's going on, but can you get this stuff off of me?" He asked, showing off his infected hand. The vines were already up to his elbow by now, and spreading rather quickly.

"Hm," Mother Spore looked at the infection, then into his eyes. "Is that what you really want?"

Bdubs blinked. "What?" He asked, taken aback.

"You would be a wonderful subject for the source block." Grian explained, gesturing towards the large block of mycelium that was kept in the base. "She quite likes you. It took a while for most of us to be accepted by her. But you.."

"Wh-what..?" Bdubs repeated, shaking his head.

"Just listen," Mother spore placed a hand on his shoulder, smiling calmly as she gestured towards the block. "Listen to her words."

He stared at the block for a few moments, remaining quiet as he listened. "I think..I-I hear something?" Bdubs muttered, his eyes widening.

"Wonderful, my servant." Mother Spore smiled as mycelium vines crept off her fingertips, spreading along Bdubs' shoulder. Once the vine reached up to his neck he felt more comfortable, his face contorting into a slight smile. He felt warm and cozy, as if a soft blanket were being wrapped around him.

His eyes morphed to a pale purple, Bdubs taking in a deep breath, while inhaling the mycelium particles. "I think I understand now." He said, smiling calmly at Mother Spore.

"So you understand what we must do, my subject?" She asked, her relaxed expression filling Bdubs with a sense of calm.

"Of course," He nodded. "I can handle Scar. Then, the rest of the server can be yours."