IV

You didn't know exactly what to think of this sector's boss. On one hand, seeing such a big Octarian on a small unicycle was hilarious. But then it quickly became unfunny when he started swinging and you had to dodge for your life.

He just narrowly missed splatting you with his massive roller, and you quickly backed away to gain some distance. But no matter how far you went, the Octo Samurai was back on you in seconds, unrelenting.

"How does someone so big move so fucking fast!?" you screeched, throwing yourself out of the way as the Octarian rushed past, skidding to a halt on his tiny cycle. And just when you thought things couldn't get worse, the fucker jumped into the air, hefting his weapon above his head and bringing it down in a mighty smash. You had managed to evade, but some of the ink had splashed on you, burning your skin. You hissed, quickly submerging yourself in your ink.

"Wow, this guy means business," Marie said. You could hear the sound of crunching popcorn from the otherside of the comm, and you could feel every vein in your forehead bulge with barely restrained anger.

"A little help would be nice!" you shouted.

"What do you expect me to do? I'm just the little voice in your head that occasionally comes up with a quippy pun that matches the situation," she replied.

You took a second to gain your composure. Luckily the boss had also seemed to slow down, catching his breath. "...I still don't know why you're not out here with me. I'm sure that we'd get through the kettles twice as fast if there were two of us."

"Like I said before, I can't-oh hey, you might wanna dodge this."

"What?" You looked up, only to be met with the Octo Samurai's roller swinging towards you. In a split second of quick thinking, you jumped towards him, tumbling underneath his hulking mass and avoiding a potential loss of a life.

Getting back up, you turned to face the boss and jabbed a finger in his direction. "I'm trying to have a damn conversation here!"

The Samurai's response was to swing his roller. Since he didn't come barreling towards you, you didn't move as you saw no need, too preoccupied with the Samurai himself to notice the arc of purple ink that he had flung. When you had, it had already covered you, eliciting a pained gasp as your form was broken down.

You crawled out of the respawn pad a few seconds later, grimacing. "Dammit Y/N, you're getting sloppy...," you muttered to yourself.

You heard a chuckle. Looking at the boss platform, the Samurai had the audacity to laugh at you. Baring your teeth at the Octarian below, you snarled. "Oh that's it! You are going down!"

----------

"Whew, that was kinda insane. Great work, Agent 4."

You just grumbled to yourself, clutching your left arm. The fight had taken a lot out of you, and your arm had gotten worse, now throbbing with pain at every slight movement. When Marie saw you leaving the kettle, she arched her brow in confusion. "Something wrong?"

"My arms just hurt a little, that's all."

The idol tsked to herself, pacing over to you and inspecting your injured limb. She felt it, giving it a squeeze in some places, which dusted your cheeks in a light pink. That was until her fingers gently squeezed your bicep, which made a sharp jolt of pain shoot through you. You sucked in a breath through your teeth and winced, which didn't go unnoticed by Marie.

"Not good, Agent 4. You're overworking your body. I think you need to take a few days off."

You looked at Marie like she had grown a second head. "What? But don't we need to get the Zapfish back?"