11

~
Look how they shine for you,
Look how the shine for you,
Look how they shine.
~

Jisung was sat alone in his favourite cafe. He was the only customer there at the time and he was sipping on a iced americano, tracing the lines of the stars on his arm. It was 6 o'clock in the evening and the sun was already beginning to set. The cafe always brought peace to Jisung, it was like a safe place to him. He worked on music on his laptop there, he made friends there and sometimes he just sat there. Admiring the stars. He often came when something bothered him too, when something was on his mind.

"Hey Jisung, we're closing real soon. Is everything okay? You never stay til' closing time, well not since the night you came out and it went badly." Yeji came over and asked.

"Am I a bad person for not wanting to find my soulmate? And hiding from him?"

"I don't know," She sat down opposite the boy, noticing this was an important conversation. "Did that news article get into your head too? Y'know Hyunjin isn't bothered by that anymore."

"Well, yes but no." He spoke, "I know who my soulmate is, he doesn't though. I broke his heart, scared him and made him go into a horrible slump because of his fear. All because I didn't want to find him and then lose him. I didn't want to hurt him, but that just hurt him more."

He stared out the window, the stars had replaced the clouds. The stars.

"So I wrote him a song, I called it Yellow. Inspired by the stars, his stars." He continued, his eyes welling up with tears. "He was so fucking happy, all the hope he had lost came back to him. That's when I found out it was him, he drew those stars."

"He drew those stars for you, hoping one day they'd lead him to you. Those stars stopped shining when he lost hope that you were out there. He nearly gave everything up, because he felt life wouldn't be worth living without you. Without knowing it was you." Yeji spoke softly, she knew Jisung's soulmate better than anyone else. "Go find my brother, your soulmate. Under the stars tonight Jisung. Run for him and never look back."

"He doesn't deserve me, he deserves way more."

"You didn't write on your arm because you didn't want to lose him or to hurt him, then you wrote on your arm to make sure that didn't hurt him more."

"And?" Jisung said.

"That's more true than any love i've ever heard of."

Jisung stood up quickly, thanked Yeji and ran out the door of the cafe. Across the road and towards a park, not looking back.

Meet me under the stars, like the ones you draw. The ones I love. At the park meadow, by the large oak tree with leaves that always fall down. I'm standing there, waiting to prove to you that I'm here. Alive and well. Ready to love you, Hyunjin.

Jisung pulled a pen out of his pocket and wrote those words on his left arm. He shoved his hands in his pocket and waited, more ready than ever.

As for Hyunjin. He had just left the dance studio when he noticed words appearing on his right arm, beneath the rolled up sleeve of his hoodie. He read the words carefully as he started to walk home but instead of carrying on in the direction he was heading in, he went to find his soulmate.