9

"It's been two weeks since you've punched him." Ellie sits down next to me at the lunch table, "and he is still holding a grudge on you."

My head falls into my hands. I've been trying my best to avoid Michael, but it doesn't work when he's basically everywhere. 

"Okay," she starts, "how about we go eat lunch in the library?" Ellie suggested. 

"No one ever goes in there." She picks up her tray and leaves me behind. I look at her wide eyes. Quickly, I get up and follow her, not wanting to be left alone. 

"Sorry," Ellie sets her stuff on the first table, "I just don't like being stared at while I'm freaking eating." I nod along with her. It made me feel awkward and I didn't like how it was Michael that was staring. If looks could kill, I'd be dead by now

"Got anything going after school?" Ellie resumes eating. I think for a moment, staring off into space. Meet with Karen like usual. Oh, and another day with Luke. How great

"I'm busy." I write down on my notebook. 

"With what?" She furrows her eyebrows.

"Just with stuff." She gives me a confused look and stifles a laugh.

"Stuff? Okay." I mentally sigh in relief. I can't have her know that Luke tutors me almost daily. She'll freak. 

"Well, I'll catch you in class then?" Ellie gets up and cleans her area. I nod and give her a thumbs up. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~

The walk home from school was something I found calming. I didn't live far, but then again I didn't live close. I get to listen to my music and have fresh air. Especially when the sky is almost like a burst of lilac. The pinkish clouds and the blue sky was always my aesthetic. 

I met Karen at my front door step. Greeting her, I let her come inside while I set my stuff away for now. As always, I head straight to the kitchen to grab a snack. I didn't hear any footsteps behind me, so I'm guessing that Karen didn't follow me. She usually has something to tell me. I grab a snack and head back to where I thought Karen was. But I find nothing, and see that the door to the garage was open. I furrow my eyebrows in confusion. Why'd she go in there? I go to the door and see that she was leaning on the frame, looking out. I stand still next to her.

"Have you ever considered fixing it again?" Karen asks, staring intently at it. I let out a big sigh through my nose. No, not ever since I've stopped. Somewhere in my body, felt a sudden urge to continue. It's been a long time, and at first I wanted to complete it, but when I couldn't get enough, I knew I had a problem. I didn't want to be so obsessive. Now that Karen mentioned it, I couldn't help but feel like I had to continue it. 

"Sorry that I brought it up, sweetie," Karen kisses my temple. 

"It's fine." I sign to her. 

"Okay, well I better go," she opens the front door. I wave her goodbye before she leaves. Once she leaves, I look back in my garage. I was kind of glad she mentioned it. I had that spark in my stomach to continue. I run to my room and change into something comfy. Just a regular white t-shirt and grey sweatpants will do. 

I run back to the garage and get out the tool box from the shelf. Setting the box down, I head towards the vintage record player in the corner. Putting in a vinyl, Billie Joe Armstrong's voice soon starts to flow through the speakers, echoing throughout the whole garage. 

I missed the feeling of all these tools in my hands. It brings back many good memories that I fail to remember. I turn on an extra light so that I could see better. Anticipation and anxiousness sparked through my body. I'm more determined to finish this than before. I was so into getting back into business with this that I didn't acknowledge anyone coming in. 

"Hey!" A voice rang through the garage. I stand up, hitting the back of my head in the process. I look over and see Luke standing there. Crap, I forgot! I was suppose to meet him at his house!

"Again? Seriously?" He let out exasperatedly. I bite my lip and look down. An awkward tension filled the room and Green Day's album was all that you can hear. 

"You have a habit of standing me up." Luke walks towards me slowly. I look up at him and look back down at my feet repeatedly. 

"Why is this so important than your grades?" I snap my head up and give him the 'are you serious?' look. Grabbing his backpack off of him, I open it and grab a notebook, then digged for a pencil. After finding one, I quickly write down while giving him little glares.

"My grades are perfectly fine and you know it." I shove it in his face. 

"Yes, but the teacher is expecting updates." He exclaims. I roll my eyes at him. 

"Make something up.

"Ye- wait." He grabs the notebook from my hands and reads it again. 

"Make it up.." He trails off. 

"Why didn't you say this earlier?" He hits me lightly on the arm with the notebook. I shrug and twirl the tool in my hand. He looks down at the tool, then looks at my clothes.

"You look comfy." He states. Rolling my eyes again, I get back to work with the tools in my hands. 

"What's with the car?" Luke points at the wrecked vehicle. I give him a shrug and went right back to work.

"Do you uh-" he stutters, "-um need my help?" His voice gets higher in the end. I stand up straight and look at him before nodding. I point to where I needed him to hold. With my hand, I try to indicate that I needed him to hold it down. 

"Can I open the garage first? It's stuffy in here." He breathes out. I point to the button near the door. Nodding, he goes over and presses the button. I cover my eyes at the bright light being entered in. Luke comes back into the position was before. 

"So," he starts, "Green Day, huh?" I look up at him and see that he's giving me a smirk. I smirk back and turn my head to focus on what I was doing before. Luke was a lot closer to me than expected and I don't know if I mind it or not. 

I look farther into the engine. Something was off. Luke wasn't holding it down hard enough. Getting a little closer was a big mistake. Oil shoots up at me and down my shirt, from my cheek down to below my chest. Getting up, I give Luke a 'really?' look. He was trying hard to contain his laughter.

"Was that me?" He covers his mouth with his hand, hiding his smile. I cock my eyebrow at him while nodding. Wiping off the oil from my cheek and neck, I step closer to Luke. He looks at me wide eyed before backing up briefly. I smile and wipe my hand on his cheek. Luke's mouth drops. I couldn't contain my laughter anymore. He shakes his head with a smile on his face and wipes it off. This time, I look at him wide eyed. 

"No!" I mouthed repeatedly, backing away from him. Luke laughs for real this time, chasing after me. 

"Come here!" 

I squeak when he catches me by the waist and turns me around. Luke takes his oily hand and wipes my other cheek. We stare at each other with stupid smile on our faces before he clears his throat. I quickly detach myself from him, noticing how close we were. 

"Uh.." He clears his throat again. I could feel his gaze on me as I stare at the floor, suddenly interested in my shoe. Looking up briefly, I see that he's still looking at me. 

I smirk before bopping his nose with my oily hands and run off. 

"Hey!" 

~~~~~~~~~~~~

horrible ending. Sorry, I don't know anything about cars soo....
Zalfie is my opt. Okay, thanks.