11

gif is not mine, so credit to original owner. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's been an hour since Luke left, and I was debating whether if I should just give the roses to Karen personally or just leave them on her doorstep. If I give it to her, I would be able to see her, but then again I wouldn't be able to contain myself. I'd probably cry on the spot and run away. Finally, I decide to just ask Daryl to give it to her. I've only met him a few times when he came around with Karen, but it's usually when they're in a rush to somewhere. 

Grabbing a notepad and pencil just in case, I head out the door to the house next to mine. I'm really hoping that he's home. As I step on the front porch, the door opens. My eyes go wide once I look up and realize who it is. 

"What are you doing here?" Michael spat. I was frozen, not knowing what to do. I wanted to run away, but my body stood still. His gaze shifts to the bouquet and card in my hands. 

"Look, I don't want this sympathy shit, new kid." He spat again. I wince at his harsh tone. Why's he here? The door opens again and Daryl comes out from behind Michael. 

"Oh, Grayson," he stands next to Michael, "I didn't know you were coming over." I nod slowly at him, still staring at Michael. 

"Those for Karen?" He points at the roses. I tore my eyes from him and look at Daryl, giving him another nod. 

"How about," he takes the roses and card from my grasp, "I give these to her when we go see her, alright?" 

"Oh, this is my son, Michael." Daryl wraps his around around Michael's shoulders. His son?!

"We've met before," he mumbles while looking down," at school."

"No more home school?" Daryl raises his eyebrows in surprise. I shake my head. 

"Wow, I'm so proud of you." He comes down and pats me on the shoulder. In return, I give him a small smile. 

"Since the both of you know each other, how about you guys hang out?" He fishes out his wallet. What?

"Go get ice cream or something," Daryl hands me a twenty dollar bill, "I got to run some errands, then  I'll pick Michael up to see his mum."

"But dad-" Michael interjects.

"No buts, be a gentleman and treat the young lady," Daryl points at him sternly, "you guys have fun, alright? See you later." And he's off. Rush, much? 

I slowly turn around, hoping to be home before we do anything together. 

"Where do you think you're going?" Michael yanks my arm to turn me back around.

"My dad is at the end of the corner and stopped," he points at the car," and he won't leave until he sees us leave in my car." 

"I don't want to make my dad all pissy after everything that's been going on lately, so I suggest that you get into my car and we'll drive past him so he knows that we've 'gone somewhere together'." I gulp, noticing how close he was to my face. I nod really fast and dash into the passenger side of his car. This was not how I wanted to spend the rest of my day.

Once we back out, I see that his dad's car finally left. Michael's car was blasting music that I was unknown to, with the bass pumped up. The tension was awkward and I didn't know what to do. He was driving around and I don't know where he's taking me. 

When we reach at a red stoplight, I grab my notepad and write; "Where are we going?" 

He glances at it before saying in a monotone voice; "I'm in a mood for ice cream now."