Falling Hard!

Ruhanika's Pov-

I stepped out of the car and reached the location.

The Rich Latte.

I stepped inside and removing my shades, spotted the girl sitting in rightmost corner, enjoying her solitude. I made my way towards her, my  silver heels clicked elegantly against the white marble.

The restaurant was not our usual spot but today we're here today for a special purpose.

"Ira" I acknowledged her and she didn't even bother to look in my direction, hiding her head in her phone.

Sometimes I really wonder is she is the boss and I am her employee?!

"He is not here, yet." She said eyeing the footage of the CCTV camera of the traffic signal right across the cafe.

"How's everything there?"  I asked breaking the silence and she finally bothered herself to look up at me .

Her eyes fell at my nuptial chain and then at my vermilion and then she released a deep breath.

"What?" I asked, offended at her reaction.

"What what?" She asked in return.

"What was that?"

"What was what?"

"I-  " I opened my mouth to say something but then close it realising it's pointless to argue with her. She is best at getting at my head alongwith a certain Sehgal.

"I didn't said anything." She shrugged her shoulders, leisurely sipping on her black coffee.

"Exactly my point." I defended.

"Well, come to the point then." She said, making me gasp.

If I hadn't known her, I would have surely mistaken her scowl for a smirk.

"The deal you wanted talking about is a golden one. It is going to be a merger of billions. And if it succeeded, your husband will get a profit of thousands billions, straight. Besides, its also his dream project as its his grandfather's dream to make this all happen." She finishes and I nodded, impressed by the speed she finds info.

"It will give him happiness." I nodded, thinking.

" Then it is meant to be runied by me." I said, my eyes shining with sheer bitterness and hate.

Ira placed her phone back at the table and looked at me. "I- need to talk to you about something." She said, a little unsure making my interest immediately peaked up in her 'something'.

"What?"  I asked, raising a brow and leaning in, placing my chin on the knuckles of my hand.

She narrowed her eyes at me and then shook her head, leaning back herself.

"I am going." She said and it was my time squint my eyes.

"Going where?" I asked, not getting her point.

"I am leaving, Ruhi." She said, knocking the air out of my lungs.

"L-eaving?"  I repeated, not sure if I was hearing right.

She swallowed and replied,"Umm..yess. I - I have something important back at my-" she stopped in mid.

"At your?"

"At the house of the people who gave birth to me."She completed after giving it a thought.

I frowned and then my lips formed into an 'O' as I realised what she meant. "You have parents?"

Her head snapped to me as she shot me a look saying, "No I am sprouted from a melon."

I internally slipped my head mouthing a "Ofcourse you do."