Chapter 14 - Reunion

The world was surprisingly still. Perhaps eerily still. Sunlight fell through the windows and illuminated what had become Mike's whole world. Summer's small bedroom was sanctuary for Mike. Although, at the moment, it felt more like a warzone.

This is a war. Mike had difficulty acknowledging it. He hated Blake, but he also hated all thre people around him dying. As Mike walked through the crack, he reminisced over the first tinies to make him feel welcome. Summer's sweet brother Lucas. The blunt but caring Daniel. And, of course, Guy. He seemed like a mean brute at first, but compared to Blake he was an angel.

Mike found he couldn't stay long in the crack. He wanted safety, but it was like the ghosts of his past were nudging him to act. All the little reminders of them, the names chipped into the wall, the lights, all carried their hopes in Mike. He alone could see this through to the end.

Mike teared up a little. 'I'm sorry, guys. I won't hide.' He looked down doubtfully. 'But I can't take on Blake in this state.' Mike felt his wrist, and it was still tender from Summer stepping on him. 'How can I possibly win?'

There was only one option Mike could think of. The Creep. Maybe he had some useful knowledge of this place. After walking through the wasteland of ant bodyparts, he came to a stop under the bedside table.

'Hey!' Mike called. 'Creep!'

No response. Was he out gathering resources? No, he's probably ignoring me.

Mike sighed. 'Jack.'

A few seconds later the rope came tumbling down. Mike grabbed hold and hoisted himself up.

'I need your help,' Mike said bluntly.

The Creep looked away slightly. It was a look to signal his disinterest in cooperating, but he seemed open to what Mike wanted to say.

'Blake... Blake killed all of them,' Mike found himself sobbing. He wiped the tears away before continuing. 'He did it on purpose.'

No response. Mike felt angry that The Creep didn't seem to care. But he wouldn't let his emotions take control. He just needed to get information, and then he could go.

'He's going to get Summer to kill us, too!'

The Creep stirred. 'The goddess sees him?'

'Yes.'

The Creep sniggered a little. 'So it has begun.'

'What has?'

A wide, dark grin formed on The Creep's face. His eyes suddenly snapped right to Mike's eyes, and Mike fell back in surprise. This was definitely a first.

'The end.'

Mike just shook his head in confusion.

'The goddess that knows it is a goddess is aware of her power. But not fully aware.'

'I- I don't understand. You think she has powers?'

'Her search for limits will only lead to destruction.'

Mike sighed. 'I'm not here to listen to speculation. I need help taking down Blake. Then we can be safe.'

The Creep looked unconvinced.

'You can just stay safe here. But Blake will definitely get you killed.'

The Creep chuckled. 'Don't worry about me.'

'Can you just show me some items to take down Blake?'

'It's too late.'

The Creep turned away fully, apparently done with the conversation. Mike scoffed as he got up. 'It's your fault that we're going to die.'