Chapter 11 - Sussy Imposter

John didn't know what to expect as Blake led him away from the crack. He didn't particularly care, either, because of his hangover.

'How much longer?' John groaned.

'Hang in there, buddy,' Blake chirped. 'We're nearly there.'

John had only arrived a few days ago. He hadn't been to the side of the room that Blake was leading him to, so he couldn't help but feel nervous. They turned a corner behind Summer's bin and saw a fly. It looked as big as a horse.

'What the!' John exclaimed.

Blake continued walking right up to it without any look of surprise. John couldn't believe his eyes as Blake climbed onto the back of the fly.

'This is my helicopter,' Blake laughed. 'Let's go for a joyride!'

John's fear turned into excitement. He jumped on the fly behind Blake. John couldn't fathom how Blake controlled the fly, but it shot up into the air just like Blake wanted. It made their progress look pathetic. The fly shot under the crack of the door before John could even react. Once they were through John simply yelled in enthusiasm; it was all he could do.

In seconds they crossed the cliff-like stairs and were in the kitchen. It was an expensive-looking kitchen with dark tiles and a smooth marble table. The fly snapped to a halt on the rim of an open pink water bottle. Small droplets of water were scattered across the lip of the bottle. John peered down below to see an Olympic swimming pool. He gulped in nervousness.

'Girl needs a drink,' Blake explained, giving the fly a pat. 'Thought it might help with your hangover, too.'

John smiled. 'Thanks, man. You're a real one.'

John dismounted the fly and stood at the rim of the bottle. There was a droplet hanging from the inside of the water bottle. John bent over to take a sip but suddenly felt a strong push from behind. As John fell over the edge, he snapped his head back to see Blake looking down at him with a dark smile.

The shock had left John speechless. He landed on the water without going underneath thanks to the water tension. John stood up and looked at Blake.

'Help me!' John shouted.

Blake didn't respond. He simply went back to mounting his fly.

'Hey! You can't leave me in here!'

'I like people like you,' Blake said, reminding John of their first conversation. 'You're so easy to fool.'

John continued shouting, but Blake couldn't hear him, nor could he care. In a flash, Blake had disappeared on his fly.

Tyler woke up slowly to see Blake approaching the crack.

'Hey, Blake,' Tyler said with a stretch.

Blake ignored him as he went to enter the crack. Tyler suddenly remembered hearing both John and Blake talking earlier in the night. If they were going somewhere then why is Blake returning alone?

'Where's John?'

Blake hesitated for a split second before seeming to regain his composure. 'I don't know, probably hunting for some more ants to get his fix.'

'Weren't you with him last night?'

Blake glared at Tyler. 'What?'

Tyler shrugged. 'I thought I heard you two going out last night.'

Blake scoffed. 'So, you were half asleep and you think you know what's going on?'

Tyler nodded somewhat embarrassedly. 'Yeah, that's a fair point.'