Chapter 2 - Meeting the Locals

'Who are you?' Mike interrogated.

Mike could see him more clearly now. He was slightly hunched over as he hobbled towards Mike. A single drop of saliva hung from his mouth. Mike immediately distrusted him.

'And what are you doing in Summer's room?'

'They don't give me a name in here,' he said somewhat absent-mindedly.

'"They"?' Mike repeated.

'Come along now young one,' he beckoned as he walked away from Mike.

Mike glanced back at Summer as if for support, but she was still a world away looking at her phone. With nowhere else to go, Mike grudgingly turned to and followed the strange guy. They weaved around the bedside table and underneath the bed.

'How did you get here?' Mike asked.

'I just... appeared here, I suppose.'

The ground shaked as Summer got off her bed and stepped around her room. The guy turned around to look at her feet.

'Beautiful, isn't she?' He sighed.

Mike scowled at the guy. 'Don't talk like she's your girlfriend, alright?'

'What do we have here?' Called a loud voice in the distance.

The creepy guy had opened his mouth to respond, but after hearing the voice in the distance he closed it again.

'And who are you?' Mike called.

'The name's Guy,' Guy called back confidently. 'So, you're new here, are you?'

Mike's eyes locked onto Guy in the distance. He could immediately tell that Guy was taller than even himself.

'Yeah,' Mike said grudgingly. 'What are you guys doing in Summer's bedroom?'

'We appeared here for all sorts of reasons,' Guy explained calmly as he approached. 'The point is, we're all stuck in this mess, and we need to get out.'

Mike noticed the creepy guy began backing away from Guy. It unnerved Mike a little, but Mike didn't want to show his weakness in this situation.

'Get away from The Creep,' Guy warned. 'He's not one of us.'

Mike was about to ask why, but it seemed like The Creep agreed with Guy. He had already turned around and was heading in the direction they came from.

'Haven't seen him in weeks. I kinda hoped he had been stepped on by now.'

Now that Guy was standing in front of Mike, his tall bulky frame was immediately intimidating. It was complimented by a clean-shaven head and brown eyes. Mike refused to hunch like The Creep in intimidation though. This is my crush's bedroom! He shouldn't even be here!

'Come on,' Guy waved and turned around. 'Let's get you something to eat. You look like you need it.'

Mike looked at him confused. 'You have food down here?'

'If we're lucky Summer might drop a chip or a nut by accident,' Guy chuckled. 'Just last week she dropped a pumpkin kernel. That's kept us going for the past while.'

Mike glanced over at the rapidly disappearing silhouette of The Creep. 'Then what does he eat?'

'You don't want to know,' Guy spat. 'But it's one of the reasons we call him The Creep.'

'What are the other reasons?' Mike asked.

'He appeared here after stalking Summer.' Guy turned to look at Mike with suspicion. 'I hope your relationship with Summer was better.'