Chapter 16 - The Difficult Truth

Mike was back under the pressure of Summer's gentle finger. She pushed him more strongly this time as she experimented with just how fragile her tinies were. It pushed the wind out of Mike, but he wouldn't dare tell Summer. Her heartbeat pounded through Mike's entire body like a drum. When the pressure came off, Mike was stuck strongly to her finger.

Suddenly the wind roared in Mike's ears as Summer effortlessly whisked him up away from the table. Mike closed his eyes in a protective reflex. A split second later, the wind stopped as suddenly as it had started. When Mike opened his eyes, he was met with Summer's warm smile below. She was lying comfortably in her bed, with her blonde hair running down her shoulders. She had stripped to a night shirt that revealed her cleavage. Mike had a view of her entire body from his position in the sky, right down past her long legs in pyjamas to her crossed bare feet. Mike realised why she squished him as hard as she did. He needed to stick well, since he was practically upside-down.

'I'm so happy to have you!' Summer beamed, making Mike blush. 'I want you to feel safe and happy here with me. Don't be afraid to speak your mind, ok?'

'Ok,' Mike chirped. It was easier said than done, but Summer couldn't understand that.

'So, tell me all about yourself!'

Mike paused. It would completely change Summer if he told her the truth. How bad would she feel, realising that guys close to her had shrunk? And that she had brutally crushed them to death? Summer was a very kind girl, and Mike knew it would devastate her. And what if The Creep was right? If she had the powers to shrink people, should she really become aware of that?

'Aww, it's ok, little one!' Summer soothed, sensing Mike's fear. 'You can do whatever you feel comfortable with.'

'I'm... I'm a runner,' Mike managed.

'Wow!' Summer exclaimed. A smirk grew on Summer's face. 'Hey, I have an idea. You don't have to do it if you don't want to.'

Mike nodded, but he was just too small for Summer to notice. Summer flipped her hand over so that Mike was upright.

'Try running along my arm! I'll make it fun as you go!'

Mike smiled. He was glad for the chance to avoid Summer's questions, but he also felt excited to run. It reminded Mike of the last time he saw Summer while he was still at a regular size. Back then, Summer was just as excited about him running.

'Ok!'

'Go!' Summer said, whipping her other arm down.

Mike pushed off strongly. He passed the first joint, taking occasional glances at Summer's excited expression. The slope went down as Summer curled her finger a little, perhaps unintentionally. Once he reached her palm, her hand began turning slowly. Mike ignored it at first, but then realised Summer wasn't going to stop turning her hand. Mike began frantically running sideways. In the panic, his foot slipped, and he fell over backwards. Summer reached to catch him, but hesitated. She wasn't sure just how fragile her tiny was.

The fall only lasted a second, but to Mike it felt much more drawn out. He torpedoed towards her, eventually landing right between her boobs. Mike shook his head to try and deal with the dizziness. When he stood up, he realised where he was and blushed.

'S-Sorry!' Mike stuttered.

'It's ok!' Summer laughed. Her expression became more worried. 'But are you fine?'

'Yeah!' Mike squeaked. Beyond fine.

Summer looked relieved. She outstretched a hand to grab Mike, which made it even darker. But she pulled her hand back and closed it in apprehension.