Chapter Two: That First Day Kind of Feeling

Felix woke to the soft sound of chatter around him and he peeled his heavy eyelids open

Felix woke to the soft sound of chatter around him and he peeled his heavy eyelids open. He didn't want to move, but he guessed since there was life around him that that meant it was probably time to get up. He reluctantly sat up and drew the curtains back from around his bed.

"Ah, morning! We didn't get a chance to properly meet last night - Harrison Hawthorne, but please call me Harry. Good to meet you!" A boy from his left called out with a friendly wave.

"Hey, I'm Felix, nice to meet you too," Felix replied politely, rubbing the sleep from his eyes.

"Always a bit tiring, the first night back, but you'll get used to it. Oliver, Oliver Fernwood," another boy announced from beside Harry.

"Nice to meet you, Oliver," Felix greeted. He swung his legs out of the bed to sit up and stretched his sore muscles out. He reached into the drawer where he'd stored the few things he had left and fished out another vial of the green potion Professor Fig had given him the day earlier. What had he called it? Wiggen something?

"Bit beaten up? I imagine that dragon attack was a pretty nasty," Oliver said sympathetically.

"You don't even want to know" Felix grimaced, unstoppering the vial and downing it in one.

"Well I'm glad you made it in one piece, anyway. Those wiggenwelds will see you right. Let me know if you need anymore," Harry offered.

"Thanks." Felix smiled gratefully at the two boys. Between them and Arthur, Felix was relived that his roommates seemed like good people at least, he didn't imagine he'd have any problems getting to know them.

Felix scooped his uniform up from the chair where he'd left it last night and stepped behind the privacy screen to change. He folded up his pyjamas and left them on the end of his bed, and grabbed his cloak from the coat stand, just as Arthur walked into the room.

"Professor Weasley's waiting for you outside," he called to Felix.

"Amazing, thanks Arthur." He offered the boys a farewell for now and headed out of their dorm and through the common room. He smiled and waved at people as he passed by, trying to remember their names.

As he exited the common room, Professor Weasley was stood waiting for him, holding a very large book.

"Ah, Mr Riversong - I trust you are settling in well?" she asked kindly.

"Yes, Professor," Felix replied. "Everyone's been very welcoming," he offered with a smile.