Chapter 2

Disclaimer: Me and my friend own nothing but the plot and Ocs, everything else belongs to J.K. Rowling

Cayden sat while others were getting sorted waiting for her name to get called and everyone to be terrified. They were scared of Malfoy's and she had no idea why. Was it something her dad did? She started to get up when she heard,

"Malfoy, Cayden," She walked up and the hat was placed on her head.

"Hmm, loyal like a Hufflepuff, keen like a Ravenclaw, brave like a Gryfindorr, and cunning like a Slytherin. SLYTHERIN!" The whole crowd gasped.

"I knew it!" said one of the whisperers on the train. Maria was happy for her. Even though Maria was in Ravenclaw, and she was in Slytherin, they were still going to be best friends. Nothing could stop it. Cayden was sneaking out every night to the Ravenclaw common room to see Maria.

Maria was happy when Cayden showed up. She had a topic of much importance to discuss. They chatted for a while. Maria now felt better, since Cayden talked it through with her. Maria went back to her dorm and a girl jumped out,

"Hey! What were you doing out there?"

"Nothing,"

"You're definitely doing something! Don't lie!" The girl swung with her fist at Maria and it hit her straight in the face.

"Owww!" The girl then punched her again and again.

"I will punch you until you say what you were doing out there in the common room!" The girl kept going at it till Maria was on the floor. Then two shouts bursted through,

"Stop! Don't punch my friend!"

"Don't hit my cousin!" James and Cayden were running full speed and both did a hook at the girl and she instantly fell to the floor. Maria started to get up and thank them. Headmistress Mcgonagol came through the doorway and asked,

"What in the bloody hell happened here?" Cayden spoke up first.

"Well this girl was beating up Maria here, so I right hooked her and so did James,"

"Oh my!" Then in a lower voice she said,

"I don't get paid enough for this, I don't even get paid at all!" The headmistress left afterwards and Cayden hugged Maria,

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah," James already left. Cayden followed soon after. Maria stood there feeling the open wound on her face. She put her hand down. It was covered in blood. She decided to go to the nurse to get a bandage. The nurse exclaimed when she walked through the door.

"Oh My! What happened dear?"

"A girl punched me...repeatedly," The nurse stitched her up and sent her off. Maria walked back with her newly stitched cheek. When she got back she laid down and fell asleep.

Cayden awoke bright and early and she went to check on Maria. While she was running down the hall she noticed a boy. He had shaggy bangs that were pitch black like the rest of his hair. She was too distracted and ran into a wall. She had also dropped all her books. He came over.

"Here let me help you, it would be rude not to,"

"Thanks," she replied with gratitude. When she looked at him his soft brown eyes made her stomach swoon over the moon. She felt herself blushing and quickly picked up the books and dashed away. She burst through and woke up Maria.

"Maria! Maria! Maria! Wake Up!" Maria groaned and sat up,

"What?"

"I just met the most handsome boy on the planet!"

"Okay good for you, It's 6:00! I am going to be late!" Cayden realized the time and hurried off to her first class. She sat down and the defense against the dark arts teacher grumpily came in. Maria snuck in right before the bell and sat down. The teacher started rambling on about his experiences with the dark arts and everyone was not amused and couldn't be bothered. Cayden started to fall asleep but a loud bang on her desk woke her up. The teacher had his hands on her desk where she could clearly see all of the warts that covered them. She was disgusted.

"Get your warty hands off my desk. Professor Varye," He was too stunned to speak. Cayden was surveying her class. She saw the boy and when it was time for the next class, she purposely dropped her books so he would help her pick them up. The boy saw and knelt down and started to pick up the books with her.

"Wow, you seem clumsy, I'm Nathan,"

"Cayden and yeah I sure am!" Nathan smiled. His was one of those that even when you know it's coming it's still huge and bright. Cayden picked up her books and started walking off, but he stopped her.

"Hey! Cayden, want to hang out after classes together?"

"Sure! But I am going to be late if I don't hurry!" Cayden said as she rushed towards Potions class. Nathan realized the time and hurried off to his class. Cayden was so excited to go out with him that night. This little date made her forget she was only eleven.

Cayden spent the little time she had for homework getting ready for the date. She tugged a pair of jeans on and a light pink shirt with avocados on it. She grabbed a handbag and decided it was good enough and walked out to meet him. She had gotten the memo that he liked her so she put on her best clothes. She entered the Hufflepuff common room to see Nathan sitting there in the chair with a photobook.

"Hi,"

"Hey, Cayden. Thanks for coming,"

"Yeah, totally, sure," Cayden went over towards him and sat down in the chair closest to him. She smiled as he opened to a photo that was covered in plastic.

"Cayden, do you wanna see something cool?"

"Yeah," He showed her. She looked at the picture. In the picture a dog was throwing "I LOVE YOU!" in the air. She felt herself blush and quickly turned around in order to hide it. He smiled as she turned around.

"Like it?"

"I love it!" They hugged. Cayden could see this relationship moving till the end of time. Over time, she went to classes, and she became best friends with Maria. Before any of them knew, the end of the year had arrived. Cayden stood at the door of the train. She saw Nathan in the car moving to sit somewhere else. She felt tears clasp onto her eyelashes. She ran towards him and hugged him. He hugged her back.

"Till, next year, Cayden,"

"Till, next year, Nate," She let go and went to her seat on the train sitting next to Maria and James.