Chapter 12

Disclaimer: Me and my friend own nothing but the plot and Ocs, everything else belongs to J. K. Rowling.

Scorpius was in a dark room. Adam was at least kind enough to allow him to have one tiny window of light. It was a lot kinder than his genetically accurate uncle had been. He looked around. He was trying to find ways to escape. He sort of didn't want to be an assassin anymore. But it seemed Adam had other ideas. Specifically having Scorpius stay as an operative which now makes it seem more forced, which it was. Scorpius' uncle wanted Scorpius to be sent away so he got sent to a boarding school for three weeks, where he met another operative, and got recruited. He stayed in the business for a while until he got locked in the basement. Adam would come in routinely, ask him if he would still work for him, and if he didn't respond he would then torture him. Scorpius had very high pain tolerance so it didn't bother him in the slightest. Adam was due to his rounds and Scorpius was growing tired and weary of what Adam called 'torturing'. He looked at the window. He should be slim enough to fit through because of the malnutrition he had been put through over the years. He got on his feet and stared at it. He was obviously in the basement as the window was on the ground for the outside people but high up for him. Two things: first, where in the world was he, and two, Adam had a basement? Scorpius didn't know why he was so surprised because all his life all the bad guys had a maliciously dark basement. He hoisted his hands onto the ledge of the window to hold himself up and positioned his elbows to stabilize him. He carefully unlocked the window using a sharp stick that had become his friend for however long of a time he was here for. He also named it Greg. He pushed the window open and started to slide out. He threw Greg out first and crawled to join him. He closed the window behind him. Adam had this very large house, probably an abandoned mansion as there was nothing surrounding it and looked pretty worn down. Scorpius only hoped Adam didn't have guards posted around his Little House on the Prairie moment. Scorpius stuffed Greg in his pocket and sneaked around the back of the house. He saw that for an evil mastermind the lack of guards was surprising. What was Adam doing? This place could be totally broken into. Like very easily. He found the front gate which was locked. He tried to unlock using Greg but he just opted to climb over it. That was a huge mistake as Scorpius hadn't exactly the greatest balance. He tried multiple times but finally got over it. He did the only thing he could do at that moment. Run. He ran into the bushes. He was catching his breath when he heard a sound. He looked and saw a car that was pitch black in color and the windows were very tinted. He watched as they opened the gate by having the driver who was some guy in a black suit use a giant key for the lock. Then he watched as it drove into the very bad potholed driveway. The car parked and Adam stepped out. Adam was laughing with some guy. The guy had black hair and green eyes. Piercing green eyes. One thing was that he made sure not to touch Adam. Why? Why didn't the new guy touch Adam? Was he that intimidated? Scorpius didn't ponder though and began making his way through the woods. He had no idea where he was. He was walking forever. He saw a bustling street but he never got to see what one. His knees gave out and he passed out from exhaustion.

James held his ankle. Stupid pothole. It hurt really bad. He couldn't put pressure on it. Of course he had to be the one that some idiot stepped on and broke their ankle because of a pothole. He looked to see who it was and was surprised to see Scorpius passed out from exhaustion probably. Scorpius had probably ran away from somewhere and of course he had to run into and break James' ankle. James would be no help as he couldn't move and even if he could the pain was too much for him. Thankfully a man came over and knelt down by the both of them. James groaned as he saw the familiar sleep sedative come out of the man's pocket and handed towards James. He gave a 'Do I have to?' look. The man nodded and James reluctantly took it and drank it. Strangely it must've been not as strong as it numbed the pain but James was barely awake. In fact, he could barely feel anything. His vision was blurry and his mouth was dry. The man hoisted James and Scropius over his shoulders and apparated. James could tell he was in a hospital at least. He felt himself get lifted off of the shoulder of the man and onto a stretcher. His vision occasionally faded to black but came back everytime too. James felt his eyes close and he finally went into a slumber. WHen he awoke his mum was holding his hand and trying to command his siblings.