Chapter 9

Disclaimer: Me and my friend own nothing but the plot and Ocs, everything else belongs to J. K. Rowling.

Scorpius awoke in bright light, his eyes couldn't adjust to it after nearly three years of being trapped in his uncle's basement. He felt weak and tired. He felt his stomach flip over as he realized the amount of needles and sensors on and in his skin. Scorpius felt a breathing mask on his face and then realized how bad of a situation he was in.

"You must be Scorpius, I can see me in you." A blond man next to Scorpius. Scorpius could see the resemblance between the two of them, the only difference was that the man looked healthy.

"Your mum called, said that you were my issue now." He sighed. Scorpius gritted his teeth.

"I know that this is a little disorienting for you, but I'm your dad, I'm Draco Malfoy." he said. Scorpius smiled a little, this was the man that was said to be his father, and maybe he could trust him. He looked past Draco, it was the girl, not Crescent, but the girl who looked like they could be twins.

"I'm Cayden." she said when she felt Scorpius' eyes on her. Scorpius nodded before turning away. Draco grabbed his arm and turned him onto his back again.

"The doctors said that you need to stay on your back." Draco said calmly. Scorpius didn't fight him instead he laid still as it slowly got harder and harder to keep his eyes open.

Damian had started getting better. He could stand on his own now, even if only for a few minutes. Cayden smiled as Damian started using full sentences again. It was still her dad's watch, but she wanted to see Damian. They had to take him in for weekly check ups still, but they said that Damian could sleep in his room again soon. It had been three days since she'd seen Scorpius wake up, she remembered how broken he'd looked. She could tell that Scorpius once had a roaring fire of hope, life, and bravery in him, but that flame had been extinguished and unlike her dad's flame Scorpius' flame would probably never come back. She shook the thought out of her head as Damian came up and hugged her leg.

"Sissy." Damian said quietly.

"Hi Damian." Cayden said, smiling at him.

"Daddy fell asleep." Damian said quietly. Cayden rolled her eyes.

"Of course he did." Cayden sighed. Damian looked up to her.

"Can you please tell me about brothy?" Damian asked. Cayden thought for a moment, how could she tell Damian about Scorpius?

"Well, he looks like me other than a few scars." Cayden said.

"What's his fire like?" Damian asked. Cayden had expected that question, 'What's his flame like?' That was a common question for them. Cayden and Damian had both been trained to notice what someone was like by looking into their eyes.

"His flame is quiet, tame, and nearly extinguished." Cayden said, leaving out that his flame also had pain and sorrow in it.

"Okay, better question: What was his flame like?" Damian asked. Cayden thought for a second.

"There are burnt out embers of hope, bravery, wittiness, and kindness." Cayden said after thinking for a few minutes.

"Are they still reigniteable?" Damian asked. Cayden shook her head.

"Those flames died years ago, not even a lighter could rekindle those flames." Cayden said sadly. Damian nodded.

"Maybe a little boost from us could help with his flame." Damian said hopefully. Once again Cayden shook her head.

"No, someone already thoroughly soaked those coals in water." Cayden said. Damian sighed. Cayden hated to see her brother like this, but she didn't like lying to him either.