Chapter four: One More Shot

-Martin's POV-

As I let go of Simon's hand, I slide through the classroom and pick an empty seat next to a girl. I look up to see our teacher guiding Simon to his seat. I stare at him for a while. Why is he here, really?

As our teacher goes on and on about the safety, Simon turns his head toward me and I quickly look away. My eyes turns to who's sitting behind Him. Ghost. Ghost is eyeing Simon like crazy. Ghost notices Simon turning his head and then looks over at me. Our eyes meet for a second and his eyes softends, he almost looks sad.

I look over to Simon again and notice that he've been staring at me. I hear my boyfriend smash his fist into his bench, but I don't look away from the boy with the beanie hanging from his chair. His eyes are the colour of a deep chocolathe brown. I realise that I've been holding my breath while I've been looking into Simon's eyes and breathe out.

"Yes, Martin?" I look up and see the professor looking at me. "Is this class boring to you?" I gulp and say:

"No, professor. But while I've got your attention, may I go to the bathroom?"
He looks at me like I'm stupid and then gives me a slight nod. I slide out of the classroom and head down the hall towards the boys' bathroom, not having to pee at all.

As I walk down the hall, I hear footsteps shuffeling behind me. I turn around and see Ghost. He stops walking and looks at me, with sadness in his eyes.

"I'm sorry." he says and looks down on his feet.

"You should be." I feel my eyes tearing up. "You can't just attack my friends like that."

"I don't know what happened, I was just angry and... I don't know." He says, with his voice trembling. "Please, Bodil." He looks up, tears streaming down his face. I can't help it.

"One. More. Chance. If you mess this one up, I'm ou-" I get interrupted by Ghost slamming into me, giving me a hug. I give in and hug back, closing my eyes tight.

"I won't." he whispers.

"Um... Sorry, I thought no one would be here. Sorry, I'll just go back inside."
We both look up. Simon is standing in the middle of the hallway. Suddenly I feel a pain of guilt. I let go of Ghost's hand. I hear him breathing loudly. He's getting angry.

-Simon's POV-
After a while of Martin and his boyfriend not coming back, I sneak out of the classroom.

As I get out of the classroom, I notice two people hugging in the hallway.

"Oh, sorry... I thought no one would be here. Sorry, I'll just go back inside." I stutter. The two people look up and I realise that it's Martin and his boyfriend. I feel my heart shatter. Martin immediatelly lets go of his boyfriends hand and his boyfriend clenshes his fist. How is it that I don't know what the boy who beat me up and is my crush's boyfriend's name? Oh wel-

Before I can even finish my thoughts, a body slams right into me, knocking me to the ground. I look up, terrified as I see Martin's boyfriend looking down at me, his face glowing with jealousy and hatred. The boyfriend picks me up by my shirt and pushes me against a locker. The lock on the door goes deep in to my skin. As my head hits the locker everhthing goes black for a second before I return to my hell. Everything is blurry and I can't breathe. As I reach my hands to my throat, I feel a hand around it. Everything starts to get blurrier and darker...