Chapter sixteen: Voice

-Martin's POV-

Double has stayed at my place for the night. Simon went home a while after Double told us what happened.

A noise wakes us up. I realise that today is the day that my parents come home. I look over at my couch and see Double snoring.

"Aye, Man, wake up," I say, my voice unsteady from sleeping.

Doule groans. "...What time is it?" he asks and lets out a yawn. I look over at the clock.

"1 am" I say and stand up. We've both slept in out boxers, but we've practically seen each other naked, so it's not that big of a deal. My muscels ache, resisting to work. I put on yesterdays jeans and a random black t-shirt. "I'm just gonna go downstairs and tell them you're here. You'll have to tell them why." I say. Maybe that was too hard on him. I shake it off and walk downstairs.

-Double's POV-

Depression fills my head as I remember why I'm here.

Why is it wrong to be gay?

I don't want to be. God, I wish I wasn't.

Maybe it's my fault. Maybe being gay is wrong.

Maybe I am wrong.

I bury my head in my pillow, trying to push away my thoughts. Trying to push away what happened.

You are wrong. You're a disgrace.

I clench my fist, closing my eyes as much as I can.

Why do you even bother trying to take me away? You know it's true. You know you suck.

No.

Fucking fag.

Go away.

You suck. It's your fault you got beat up. It's your fault your mom's probably hurt. It's all your fault! Yo-

"Double!" the voice of Martin interrupts my thoughts.

Don't answer.

"...Double, you there?" he asks after a while.

Don't you just want to die? No one cares about you anyways.

"Double?" he says a little louder and I hear steps coming up the stairs.

You can end it right now, you know. Before he comes.

No.

I bet there's some razor blades at the bathroom.

I move my face a little and feel the wetness from the pillow. It smells of tears and sweat. I sit up, tears streaming down my face. I look up as Martin opens the door. He immediatelly runs up to me, placing his hand on my shoulder and sits down.

"Hey. Are you okay?" he says, concern all over his face.

I bet he'd be happy if you died. He'd be happy that he wouldn't have to put out with you anymore.

I nod in response at Martin's question. He grabs one of my hands and heaves me up to my feet.

"Let's go downstairs, okay?" he says, calmly.

You're annoying. You're too needy. You're not a man. Men don't cry.

Martin places his hand on my shoulder again and we walk downstairs.

The voices dissapear. For now.

(A/N: Yo, yo yo!

Just wanted to tell ya'll that if you're into vloggers and other youtubers, It'd be cool of you to check out my new fanfiction that's about Dan Howell/danisnotonfire! You don't have to, tho. :)

Cya later!,
/Elo xx)