𝟎𝟏𝟒

˗ˏˋ༻ʚ♡︎ɞ༺ˎˊ˗
𝐓𝐖𝐘𝐋𝐀'𝐒 𝐏𝐎𝐕

in an annoying interruption, my slumber was shattered as my wrist twitched, jolting me awake.

slowly, i fluttered open my eyes, greeted by the comforting warmth emanating from larissa's roaring fireplace. as i stirred, my fingertips traced the plush surface of the deep red sofa, the velvet material shifting hues under my touch.

with my head cushioned against a soft pillow, the faint sound of larissa's laptop keys echoed in the room, a distant melody of productivity. the sunrise, gentle and golden, streamed through the window, painting the air with a warm, amber tint.

i slowly rose to a seated position, accompanied by a quiet groan, my aching muscles protesting the deep slumber they had been indulging in.

turning my gaze towards larissa at her desk, she met my eyes as she momentarily disengaged from her computer screen. offering a weary smile, i ran my fingers through the disheveled mess of my bed hair.

"we really should find a new way to meet, larissa," i mumbled, a tired expression still lingering in my eyes, alluding to the fact that waking up on her sofa had become a recurrent theme this week.

responding with a broad smile, she cautiously inquired, "i didn't disturb your sleep, did i?" the rhythmic click of her heels echoed as she gracefully moved around her desk.

"no, it was my twitching that did the job," i explained, rubbing one eye in an attempt to shake off the last remnants of sleep.

in a peaceful setting, larissa's figure cast a gentle silhouette against the soft glow of the morning light filtering through the curtains.

her graceful hands found their place on the back of the sofa where i sat, their presence a comforting weight as i looked up at her, feeling a rush of warmth at her proximity.

"you do that a lot in your sleep," her voice, like a soothing melody, broke the silence, drawing my attention to her pale hands and then back to her captivating gaze. with a slight tilt of her head, she watched me with a soft intensity, waiting for my response.

"i do?" my voice came out as a mere whisper, tinged with curiosity and vulnerability.

larissa's nod was barely perceptible, yet it held a world of understanding and empathy within it.

"mhm," she hummed softly, the sound wrapping around us like a comforting embrace. with a tenderness that spoke volumes, she reached out and delicately tucked a stray strand of hair behind my ear, a gesture that sent a rush of warmth through me.

as she spoke again, her voice carried a quiet reassurance, "dr. kinbott is ready for you in jericho." her words broke the spell, grounding me in the reality of the upcoming therapy session i had been dreading for hours.

my lips instinctively tightened, a silent acknowledgment of the weight larissa's words carried.

the reminder that she knew about my struggles with self-harm dredged up a whirlwind of emotions, dragging me back into the heartache i desperately sought to escape.

to add to the madness, i now had to tell my pain to a stranger—a shrink nonetheless.

"hey," larissa's voice cut through the rising tide of fear. the gentle pad of her finger tilted my chin upward, a touch both firm and reassuring.