𝟎𝟐𝟒

˗ˏˋ༻ʚ♡︎ɞ༺ˎˊ˗
𝐓𝐖𝐘𝐋𝐀'𝐒 𝐏𝐎𝐕

uneasily, my weak fingers clung to the handrail, each step down the stairs accompanied by a soft whimper escaping my tightly sealed lips.

with each unsteady movement, i cursed having a dorm room on the third floor, the distance to the principal's office now painfully apparent.

leaning heavily against the grand wooden staircase, my entire left side sought support, while the echoes of my delicate pants reverberated through the empty halls of nevermore.

in the dead of night, the academy exuded a serene tranquility, yet my panic attack robbed me of any appreciation for its peace.

as i reached larissa's office door and read the words principal weems on the golden plaque, exhaustion consumed me. the journey from my dorm room proved far more painful than i had imagined.

my heavy eyes fluttered upwards, staring at the title on the door, and i lifted my hand to knock. however, i froze as my body became paralyzed, my mind screaming as loudly as possible to not seek help from her.

despite my past of being unable to trust, larissa's precious words lingered in the back of my mind, the very words the poisonous parts of my brain tried to conceal.

i remembered her assuring me that if i ever considered harming myself, i was to come to her immediately, no matter the hour.

forcing myself to push through the dark thoughts within my mind, i knocked three times on larissa's office door. anxiously, i rubbed my lips together, stumbling back to lean against the fence opposite her door.

glancing over my shoulder, i noticed a fifteen-foot drop to the circular entrance of nevermore below me. my worried eyes flashed back to the office door, where i stood for a few minutes desperately awaiting her answer.

i chastised myself for awakening her, knowing she had been caring for me round-the-clock in the hospital for the past week. for a moment, i almost stepped away and headed back to my dorm room when my knocks went unanswered.

however, i leaned into the heavy wooden door, turning the knob as i used my body weight to open it. grunting and panting, i used both of my palms to lean against the handle, feeling weaker by the second.

my frantic eyes scanned the office, immediately searching for larissa, but i was met with an empty space.

as my mind screamed at me to simply run, i desperately tore myself away from the door handle and stumbled towards the nearest piece of furniture, collapsing onto the back of a leather sofa.

whimpering, i clasped my eyes shut, using the furniture around the room as support to guide me towards the door of her apartment attached to the office.

despite the voices inside my tortured mind demanding that i flee, i couldn't bring myself to run away. with every step, my weak knees threatened to give out, nearly dropping me to the floor.

yet, i pressed forward, managing to grasp onto a wooden pillar beside her apartment door for support. wasting no time, i knocked three times, my lungs desperately panting for air as my body slumped against the cold wall.

tears welled in my eyes, though they remained unshed, as sobs threatened to escape the confines of my throat. a heavy sigh of relief washed over me as i heard the door unlocking.

one of the large double doors creaked open, revealing larissa standing tall, dressed in a flowing red silky robe that accentuated her white hair cascading over her shoulders.